• The PAL Charity Golf Clinic will be held from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. May 7 in the Wehrle Golf Dome, 8230 Wehrle Drive, Clarence. Cost is $30 per person and includes unlimited balls for indoor and outdoor ranges, free instruction and tips from area professionals, miniature golf, a Chinese auction and raffle, food and beverages. All proceeds benefit PAL Youth Golf programs. For tickets, call 851-4615. Also, the PAL Charity Golf Classic will be held June 2 at Bridgewater Country Club in Fort Erie, Ont. Visit www.buffalopal.com.
• Christ the King Seminary will host the 11th Annual Rev. Merrick Bednar Memorial Golf Tournament on May 30 at The Links at Ivy Ridge in Akron. Shotgun start at noon. Event features food, drink, silent and live auctions, and a raffle drawing. To register or for more information contact Laura DeMizio at 847-8373 or email@example.com.
• The New York State Deputy Association Celebrity Golf Tournament will take place May 31 at Seneca Hickory Stick in Lewiston. Cost is $130 per person or $500 for a foursome and includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, prizes and a chance to mingle with Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres alumni. Proceeds benefit the scholarship fund. Contact Joe Ciffa at 583-4710 or Norman Itjen at (585) 409-4540.
• The Valley Community Association Golf Tournament will be held June 6 at Cherry Hill with a 12:30 p.m. shotgun start. Cost is $100 per person and includes golf with cart, lunch at the course, beverages, prizes, and dinner by BW’s BBQ held at Buffalo River Fest Park. Contact Peg Overdorf at 823-4707, ext 2.
• The WNY Law Enforcement Golf Tournament will be held June 9 at Diamond Hawk Golf Course in Cheektowaga. Cost is $125 per golfer and includes lunch, one-hour open bar, dinner, raffles, and a silent auction. Four-man scramble. Sign in from 9 to 10 a.m. with a shotgun start at 11:30 a.m. Payments due no later than May 1. All proceeds benefit Learning Disabilities of WNY Startlight Art Program. To register or for more information call Ann at 912-4239, Ron 240-9390 or Dennis at 310-6269.
• The Lockport Tops Friendly Market 15th Annual JDRF Golf Tournament will be held June 11 at Oak Run Golf Course in Lockport. Cost is $500 for a foursome and $125 per person and includes golf with a cart, lunch, a steak dinner, prizes and a basket raffle. Registration at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. All proceeds benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Call Mike Shanahan at 439-4366.
• The seventh Annual John Munch Memorial Golf Tournament will be held June 16 at Springville Country Club. Proceeds benefit Notre Dame Academy Elementary School. Call St. Martin’s Rectory at 823-7077 for more information.
• The 13th annual Par Fore a Mission Golf Classic will be held June 18 at Seneca Hickory Stick Golf Course in Lewiston. Cost is $150 and includes a cart, greens fees, lunch, gifts, beer and soda, and dinner. Proceeds benefit Community Missions’ Crisis and Community Services Programs, which include the soup kitchen, clothes closet, food pantry, and the emergency housing shelter. Registration is from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. To register, call Andrea Gray at 285-3403, ext. 2225, or Deborah Owens-Williamson at ext. 2240, or visit www.communitymissions.org.
• The third annual Hoffspice Golf Tournament will be held June 22 at Diamond Hawk Golf Club in Cheektowaga. Cost is $120 and includes 18 holes with cart, lunch, dinner, long drive contest, closest to pin contest, and 50/50 raffle. All proceeds benefit Hospice. Call Justin Hoffman at 818-6836 or visit www.hoffspice.com.
• The third annual Golf Fore MS Tournament will be held June 23 at Park Country Club in Williamsville. Registration starts at 10 a.m., lunch at 11:30 a.m. and a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $250 per person or $1,000 for a foursome and includes lunch, a cocktail hour, a steak dinner, awards and prizes. All proceeds benefit MS Research and Educational Scholarships. Call 984-9596 for more information.
• The 64th annual Little 3 Alumni Golf Tournament will take place June 30 at Westwood Country Club in Amherst. Canisius College, Niagara University and St. Bonaventure University alumni will compete for the Dr. Marino Trophy for their school’s Alumni Office. Cost is $115 and includes golf, lunch, dinner and prizes. For more information or to register call Howard Morgan at 286-8772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Main Mobility will host the sixth annual Buffalo Amputee Golf Classic at Brierwood Country Club on June 30. Cost is $110 and includes golf, cart, lunch, open bar, dinner and entertainment. Tournament is for men and women amputees and non-amputees. Proceeds benefit college scholarships for amputees. Visit www.buffaloamputeegolf.com.
• The Robert Guiffreda Memorial Golf Tournament will take place July 3 at Tri-County Country Club in Forestville. Registration is 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $75 per golfer or $300 for a foursome and includes golf with cart, goodie bag at registration, lunch, dinner, a cash bar, prizes, a ticket auction and 50/50. To register or for more information, contact Bob Spino at 574-9019 or email@example.com, Hector Alverio at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-4395 or visit www.tricountycountryclub.com.
• The 32th annual Amherst Alumni Golf Classic will take place July 10 at Glen Oak Golf Course in East Amherst. Registration is at 10 a.m. followed by lunch and a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $135 per golfer with discounts for students or early bird registration. Features include raffles, dinner, awards and a special auction. All proceeds benefit the Amherst Central Alumni Foundation Grant Program. Contact Lynn Wardour at 783-6853 or email email@example.com.
• “Come Get Some” annual golf tournament to benefit The Hospice Foundation will be held July 11 at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien Center. Registration and lunch will begin at 12:30 p.m. with a shotgun start at 1:30 p.m. The tournament is scramble format. Cost is $80 per golfer and includes cart, lunch, beverages and a steak dinner. Email Jill Pogodzinski at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register online visit www.nofrillsbuffalo.com/comegetsome.
• Applications are now being accepted for the 31st annual Bengal Club Golf Classic on July 14 at Brierwood Country Club. Registration begins at 10 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. The event includes golf with a cart, lunch, cocktail hour, dinner, auction and an awards presentation. Cost is $175 per golfer or $700 for a foursome. Proceeds benefit Buffalo State student-athletes and their programs. Sponsorships available. Visit www.buffalostateathletics.com or contact Tom Koller at 878-6514 or email email@example.com.
• The WNY Baseball Hall of Fame seventh-annual golf outing will take place July 16 at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien Center. Cost is $85 and includes golf, cart, lunch, dinner, and open bar for one hour. Shotgun start at 10 a.m. Call Bob Miske at 834-1048.
• The fifth-annual HMRC Golf Championship will be held July 19 at Kis-n-Greens Golf Course in Alden. Shotgun start at 11 a.m. with foursome open play. All proceeds benefit the Wounded Warrior Project. Call Deacon Tom Klusek at 875-6898 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The WNY State Farm Charity Dinner and Golf to benefit Cradle Beach will be held July 21 at Fox Valley Country Club. Registration is 9 a.m. with a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $800 for a foursome and includes golf, cart, lunch, cocktail hour, dinner, a gift bag and awards. Contact Diane Martorana at email@example.com or call 549-6307, Ext. 208.
• Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School will host the annual Green & Gold Golf Classic and dinner July 21 at Brierwood Country Club. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. The event features golf, cocktails, dinner, a basket raffle and silent auction. Cost is $150 per person or $600 for a foursome. Proceeds benefit scholarship funds for Timon. Call Michelle Patterson at 826-3610, ext. 246, for more information or visit www.bishoptimon.com.
• The annual Buffalo Academy of Sacred Heart Golf Tournament will tee off at 7 a.m. July 21 at the Links at Ivy Ridge in Akron. Cost is $115 before June 13 and $135 after and includes golf, cart and a luncheon. Luncheon only fee is $35 per person. All proceeds benefit Sacred Heart’s Emergency Assistance for Tuition Fund. To register visit http://alumni.sacredheartacademy.org or contact Susan at 834-2101, ext. 352.
• The 19th annual Ken-Ton Schools Athletic Hall of Fame Tournament will be held July 23 at Sheridan Golf Course in the Town of Tonawanda. Cost is $100 per person and includes golf, first tee gift, cart, lunch, dinner buffet and prizes. Tournament proceeds go to scholarships for graduating athletes at both Kenmore East and Kenmore West high schools; $15 for dinner only. Contact the athletic department at 871-3082.
• The fifth-annual Joe Lanh Friendship Memorial Golf Tournament to benefit Cradle Beach will take place July 25 at Rothland Golf Course in Akron. The tournament is scramble format with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. Cost is $100 per golfer and includes 18 holes, cart, lunch dinner, beverages, open bar and more. To register call Patrick Lang at 818-6933 or Peter Hammerl at 481-9333 or visit www.joelangfoundation.com.
• Credit Unions of WNY Annual Care for Kids Golf Tournament will take place Aug. 6 at Chestnut Hill Country Club in Darien Center. Cost is $95 per golfer and includes 18 holes with cart, refreshments, giveaways on the course, lunch, steak dinner, open bar, auction and door prizes. Proceeds benefit the Butler Mitchell Alumni Association Inc. Helping Kids Since 1955 program, with all money raised benefiting local children. For more information contact Kevin Kiehl at 896-8084 or visit www.crossroadscommunityfcu.com.
• The ninth annual Olmsted Open Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 8 at Delaware Park Golf Course with a shotgun start at noon. Event includes golf, cart, lunch, dinner and awards. Proceeds support the Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy. Sponsorships available. Email Laura at Laura@bfloparks.org.
• Eastern Niagara Hospital and the Newfane, Olcott and Wilson Lions Clubs will host the annual Eastern Niagara Health System Dr. Dy Memorial Golf Classic on Aug. 11 at the Lockport Town & Country Club. The event will begin with lunch at 10:30 a.m. and a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $165 per golfer and includes golf, cart, lunch, cocktail hour, open bar and dinner. All proceeds benefit the health system. Call Carolyn Moore at 514-5505.
• The Orleans Correctional Facility American Heart Association Golf Tournament will be held Aug. 18 at Batavia Country Club. Registration will begin at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at noon. Cost is $75 per golfer or $300 for a foursome. Events include a ticket auction, 50/50, lunch on the turn and dinner. Contact Kenneth Gold at 603-0195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The 13th annual Drive Fore Disabilities Tournament will be held at East Aurora Country Club on Aug. 18. Registration includes golf, cart, food and beverages and more. There will be a morning and afternoon round. Sponsorships are available. Contact Sarah Snyder at 817-7269 or email@example.com or visit www.people-inc.org to register.
• The third annual Nathan P. Carducci Golf Outing and Wine Tour will kick off with a 1 p.m. shotgun start on Aug. 23 at Arrowhead Golf Course in Akron. Cost is $125 per golfer and includes golf, cart, lunch, beverages, dinner and prizes. All proceeds benefit the Nathan P. Carducci Scholarship Fund at Canisius High School. Call Mike Carducci at 604-5742.
• The fourth annual BNI Golf Tournament to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project will be held Aug. 25 at Transit Valley Country Club in East Amherst. Event is a four-person scramble format with registration at 10 a.m. and a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $120 per golfer. Tournament includes team and individual prizes, contests and awards, raffle and 50/50 drawings. Registration deadline is Aug. 11. Sponsorships available. To register contact Denise McCowan at 712-0320 or Diane Sovereign at 633-3700, ext. 3110.
• The Marie Jackson Women’s Scramble Tournament will be held on Sept. 13 at the Cazenovia Golf Course. It’s a nine-hole shotgun tournament. Cost is $50 and includes golf, a light lunch, beverages and prizes. The post-tournament party will be at Doc Sullivan’s. Proceeds will provide four scholarships for South Buffalo eighth-graders to assist them in tuition for the Catholic high school they plan on attending. The event is held in memory of Marie Jackson, an avid golfer who played five days a week at Caz and South Park until shortly before her death in 2006. Call Patty Jackson-Doctor at 823-5862.
• The fourth annual Trinity Church Golf Tournament will take place on Sept. 13 at Concord Crest Golf Course in East Concord. Registration is at 11:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 12:30 p.m. Cost is $80 and includes cart, lunch, and chicken or steak dinner. To register call 649-4320.
Charity events compiled by News Sports Clerk Kelly Boquard.