• 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 791-3809.
• Federated Sportsmen’s Clubs of Cattaraugus County, Little Valley Legion, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 532-5082.
• Siberian Husky Club of the Niagara Frontier, Nike Base Community Center, 3278 Whitehaven Road, Grand Island, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Go to shcnf.com.
• Erie County Chapter of SCOPE, VFW Post No. 8113, “The Chicken Coop,” 299 Lydecker Road, West Seneca, 7 p.m., Thursday. Call 825-4174, 655-4665 or 846-5448.
• Niagara County Chapter of SCOPE, Leo Curtis American Legion Post 830, Ransomville, 7:30 p.m., Thursday. Call 971-4628 or 733-5868.
• Lake Erie Chapter of Federation of Fly Fishers, American Legion Post 735, 35 Legion Pkwy., West Seneca, fly tying at 8 p.m., meeting at 7 p.m., Thursday. Call 675-4766.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club Ladies Shoot ‘N Hoot Day, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, 1:30 p.m., Dec. 14, ladies can bring a husband, girlfriend or boyfriend to the December Christmas Party gathering. Payment and registration due Dec. 7. Call Colleen Gaskill (628-9023 or email: Cghummingbird7@gmail.com.
Hunter certification classes
• Scio Rod & Gun Club, 3978 Vandermark Road, 5:30-9:30 p.m., Monday and 9 a.m.-done, Saturday. Register one hour before the first class.
Pistol certification classes
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: “NYSS Pistol Permit Class,” 6 p.m., Tuesday; and “8-Hour Pre-Assignment Class,” 9 a.m., Thursday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 6-9 p.m., Tuesday. “Multi-State Permit Class,” Northtown Center, Williamsville, 5:45-9:45 p.m., Dec. 10. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Carr Class: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Calvary Baptist Church, 3515 Galloway Road, Batavia, 6 p.m., Thursday, call 778-9431.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show: Events Building, 11177 Main St. Clarence, Dec/ 7 and 8, 100 tables available. For exhibitor information, go to nfgshows.com.
• Erie County Trappers Association Fur Handling Seminar, Collins Conservation Club, 2633 Conger Rd., 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Jan. 4. Free and open to all ages, demos on fur handling, supplies and processed and finished fur sales. For more details, call 337-2556 or 532-2457.
• Western & Central New York Chapter of Safari Club International 19th Annual Game Dinner, Michael’s Banquet Facility, Hamburg, 4 p.m., Dec. 13. Call 984-2773, 668-1353 (Ext. 311), 510-4585 or 655-1784.
• Ray “Marks” Markiewicz Fundraiser, American Legion Post 880, Eden, 1-6 p.m., Jan. 11. Lake Erie Chapter of Federation of Fly Fishers members and friends are planning a benefit to help Ray battle the onset of leukemia. Organizers seek items for silent and open auctions. For donations, call Jim Bailey (649-9714), for ticket information, call David or Joan Rosner (675-4766).
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: “Cazenovia Conversations-A Walk Through the Olmsted-Designed South Buffalo Park,” 10 a.m., Wednesday; and “Owl Prowl at Beaver Meadow,” 7 p.m., Saturday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., “Wellness Walk,” 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday; “Nature Knowledge Trivia Night-A FUNdraiser for Tifft Nature Preserve,” 7-9 p.m., Friday; and “Tifft Trek,” 2-3:30 p.m., Nov. 24. Registration required for TNP events. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: “After-School Escape (for grades K-5),” 4:30 p.m., Thursday; and “CSI: Critter Sign Investigation, Becoming a Nature Detective to Hunt for ‘Clues’ Wildlife Have Left Along the Trails (for ages 6-10),” 10:30 a.m., Saturday. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Program: “Go and Catch a Falling Star!: Geminid Meteor Shower,” Knox Farm State Park, 7-9 p.m., Dec. 13, call 549-1950.
• Buffalo Ornithological Society Event: “Niagara River joint trip with Rochester Birding Association, for gulls and waterfowl at Fort Niagara State Park,” 9 a.m., Dec. 1. Bring a passport, passport card, Nexus, or enhanced drivers license. Call 284-5569 or email: email@example.com.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Glen Park and Williamsville Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 548-8039; “Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve-Hike, Snowshoe, or Cross Country Ski,” 10 a.m., Thursday, call 208-6319; “Chestnut Ridge Park,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 445-9684; and “Pre-Turkey Trot Hike Downtown”, 1:30 a.m., Nov. 24, call 254-4285.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles Program: “Tuesday Evening Hike,” 1000 Ellicott Creek Road, Tonawanda, 5:55 p.m.-9 p.m. Call 213-0350 or go to pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Niagara Frontier Chapter of Adirondack Mountain Club Events: For all events and outings, visit adk-nfc.org.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles Events: “Kayak and Canoe Safety Rescue Clinic” starts Wednesday with three sessions; and “Thanksgiving Hike and Dinner,” Bond Lake, 11 a.m., Nov. 10. For details, call 213-0350 or go to pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Earth Spirit Educational Services Program: “The Arts and Crafts Movement at the Turn of the 19th Century, A Return to Nature, Simplicity and Self-Sufficiency.” Earth Spirit partners with the Roycroft Campus Corporation for this lecture and walking tour of the Roycroft Campus, 1-3:30 p.m., Dec. 7. Advance registration required. Call 941-6267 or go to earthspiritedu.org/events.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Penn Dixie Program: The Penn Dixie Site has extended hours today, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., and discount admissions for the GemStreet Show at nearby Erie County Fairgrounds. For details, call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Old Growth Forest Visit-Dehgayasoh Valley Woods,” 10 a.m., Thursday; and “Genesee Valley Greenway Hike: Part III: Villages of Cuylerville to Piffard,” 10 a.m., Nov. 24. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.