• Niagara Musky Association, The Eldredge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 225-3816.
• NY Walleye Association, Niagara Frontier American Legion Post, 533 Amherst St., 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call 875-8148.
• Niagara Frontier 2014 Summer 3-D League, 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, registrations 2:30-6:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call Jim Hoffman at 799-9719.
• Doc’s Archery Techno-Hunt Summer Smackdown Video Bowhunting League started Monday. For details and to reserve a spot, call 693-2703.
• WNY Outdoor Pistol League, only League # 1 shoots ahead this week, next shoot, at Tonawandas Sportsmen Club on July 13. For all league details, check with Bob Guyder at 695-1725.
• Alden Rod & Gun Club Fall Trap League, 12 County Line Road, starts July 11, a 25-bird scratch league, all shooters welcome, ends with a 50-bird shoot-off at the Sept. 20 banquet. For more details, call Tom Ess at 937-6612.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Buckeye Scents, 4202 Willow Road, Wilson, 5:30-9:30 p.m., July 14, 15 & 16. Call Larry Koch at 778-9935 or Rich Evans at 433-4189 after 5 p.m.
• Eden Volunteer Fire Co., Church St., 6-10 p.m., July 15, & 17. Call 432-3049 on July 7.
• Wilson Conservation Club, 2934 Wilson-Cambria Road, 6-9 p.m., July 16 and 18 and 9 a.m.-done, July 19. Call Stan Culverwell at 751-9848 after 5 p.m.
• Elma Conservation Club, 600 Creek Road, 7-8 p.m., Tuesday and 7 a.m.-3 p.m., July 26. Register on line.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: – NYS Pistol Permit Class – 6 p.m., Tuesday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Class: – NYS Pistol Permit Class, – American Legion Cadille Post, 752 East Market St., Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday. Call 903-2558.
• Jim Carr Class: – Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class, – Niagara Gun Range, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m., July 12. Call 693-4000 or 778-9431 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Orvis Buffalo Fly Fishing 101 Class, Eastern Hills Mall, Williamsville, free Saturday lessons on fly fishing gear and technique basics. A weekly event that ends Saturday. For registration details, call 276-7200.
• First Greater Niagara Fishing & Hunting Show, Getzville Fire Company, Sept. 13-14. All exhibitor tables are reserved, but additional tables will be made available. For details, check with Chuck Booker at 957-3566.
• New York Crossbow Coalition First Annual Banquet, Ramada Inn, 1305 Buckley Road, Syracuse, 6 p.m., July 26. Early Bird Special to July 19. For details, go to nycrossbowcoalition.com.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java Events: Iroquois Observations Program: Purple Martin Nest Checks and Banding Observation, – Refuge Headquarters, 10 a.m.-noon, Monday; and Walk at Knox Farm State Park – The Dark Forest Floor, 9 a.m., Saturday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Events: Wellness Walk (all ages), 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday; Trek Tifft, 2-3:30 p.m., July 6; and Little Tykes Mini Nature Camp (for ages 3-5), 9:30-11:30 a.m., July 7 and 29 and Aug. 6 and 18. For all programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: Trail Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Tuesdays through August; Going Batty – Separating Bat Facts from Bat Fiction, 8 p.m., Wednesday; Stars of Stripes – Creatures Decorated in Stripes (held at Great Baehre Swamp) – 9:30 a.m., Saturday. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Program: Kayaking with Tina, Beaver Island State Park, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Thursdays through July and August, call 285-0516; and Cheese Moose Hunt, Evangola State Park, 7-8 p.m., Saturday, call 549-1050.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: Creation Walk Nature Trail Saunter, 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 681-7192; Stiglmeier Park, 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, call 873-0913 or 439-0062; South Park/Our Lady of Victory Basilica/Holy Cross Cemetery Wednesday Night Mini-Hike, 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, call 675-3989; Houghton Park/Buffalo River, 4:30 p.m., Thursday, call 826-1939; Allegany State Park-Conservation Trail/North Country Trail, 8:30 a.m., Saturday, call 432-2885 or 345-6751; Akron Falls County Park, 10 a.m., Saturday, call 439-0062; Westside Overland Trail, Chautauqua, 8:30 a.m., July 6, call 866-1233; and Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve Evening Hike, 6 p.m., July 6, call 208-6319.
• Buffalo Geological Society Event: Field Trip to Miller Property at Eganville, Ontario, Friday to July 6. For details, call 438-3794.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Events: Science Adventure Summer Day Camp at Penn Dixie Site, for boys and girls ages 8-12, July 7-11. To pre-register, call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: Animal Walk-Butterfly Beauties, 10 a.m., Saturday; Letchworth Luau-Music and Food at the Pool, noon, Saturday; and Nature walk-Highbanks Trail, 1 p.m., July 6. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com