• New York Walleye Association, American Legion Post No. 1041, 533 Amherst St., 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Annual Christmas Party meeting. Call 875-8148.
• Niagara Musky Association, The Eldredge Club, 17 Broad St., City of Tonawanda, 7 p.m., Tuesday. Call 225-3816.
• WNY Chapter of Safari Club International, Michael’s Banquet Facility, 4885 Southwestern Blvd., Hamburg, 7 p.m., Wednesday. Call 565-1980.
• Buffalo Geological Society, Parkside Lutheran Church, Depew and Wallace Streets., Annual Potluck Dinner & Silent Auction meeting, 6 p.m., Friday. Call 656-8475.
• North Forest Rod & Gun Club Ladies Shoot ‘N Hoot Day, 6257 Old Niagara Road, Lockport, 1:30 p.m., Dec. 14, ladies can bring a male guest to this holiday gathering. Registration and payment due Saturday. For details, call Colleen Gaskill (628-9023 or email Cghummingbird@gmail.com.
• Perry area, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Dec. 26, 27 and 28. To register and for site details, call (585) 237-2345, 7-9 p.m.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: “8-Hour Pre-Assignment Class,” 8:30 a.m., Wednesday; and “16-Hour On The Job Training Course (day one), 9 a.m., Saturday. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes, “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” American Legion Cadille Post, Niagara Falls, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday; and Northtown Center, Amherst, 6-9 p.m., Thursday. “Multi-State Permit Class,” Toad Harbor Rod & Gun Club, Hastings, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Niagara Frontier Gun Show: Events Building, 11177 Main St. Clarence, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Dec. 8, 100 tables available. For exhibitor and sales information, go to nfgshows.com.
• Genesee County Soil Park and Forest Interpretive Center “Create A Critter from Pinecones, Nuts and Seeds,” 11095 East Bethany Center Road, 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday. For details, call (585) 344-1122.
• Genesee County Soil and Water Conservation District “Soil Health Workshop,” Generation Center, 15 Center St., Batavia, 9 a.m.-noon, Dec. 10. Free and open to all. For registration details, call (585) 343-2362.
• Western & Central New York Chapter of Safari Club International 19th Annual Game Feast, Michael’s Banquet Facility, Hamburg, 4 p.m., Dec. 13. Call 984-2773, 668-1353 (Ext. 311), 510-4585 or 655-1784.
• The Westfield/Lake Erie KOA Campground has been awarded the 2014 Kampgrounds of America President’s Award during the KOA Annual International Convention in Austin, Texas on Nov. 21. The Westfield/Lake Erie site was selected for this honor from the 486 KOA campgrounds in the United States and Canada.
• Otis Technology of Lyons Falls was recently named Outdoor Life magazine’s Editor’s Choice for its Professional Rifle Cleaning System. For details, go to otistec.com.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: “Breakfast With Santa,” 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday; and “Walk at Knox Farm State Park-Knox Winter Wonderland,” 9 a.m., Saturday. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaunubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: “Wellness Walk,” 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday and “Friday the 13th Night Walk,” 7-8:30 p.m., Dec. 13. Registration required For programs and registration details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Program: “Friends of Reinstein Holiday Party,” 1-4 p.m., Saturday, new members are welcome. For details call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Program: “Go and Catch a Falling Star!: Geminid Meteor Shower,” Knox Farm State Park, 7-9 p.m., Dec.13, call 549-1950.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: “Lehigh Memorial Trail Saunter,” 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 691-6750; “Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve — Hike, Snowshoe, or Cross Country Ski,” 10 a.m., Thursday, call 208-6319; “12th Annual Friday Night Christmas Hike from Niagara Falls, N.Y. to Niagara Falls, Ont.,” 6:30 p.m., Friday, call 694-4346 by Wednesday for details; “Hunters Creek Park — Hike or Snowshoe,” 10 a.m., Saturday, call 651-9877; and “Sprague Brook Park”, 10 a.m., Dec. 8, call 316-4388.
• Paths, Peaks and Paddles Program: “Tuesday Evening Hike,” 1000 Ellicott Creek Road, Tonawanda, 5:55 p.m.-9 p.m. Call 213-0350 or go to pathspeakspaddles.com.
• Buffalo Nordic Ski Club Cross Country Skiing Workshop, Daemen College Wick Center, 4380 Main St., Amherst, 7:30-10 p.m., Dec. 11.
• Niagara Frontier Chapter of Adirondack Mountain Club Events: For all club events visit dk-nfc.org.
• Earth Spirit Educational Services Program: “The Arts and Crafts Movement at the Turn of the 19th Century, A Return to Nature, Simplicity and Self-Sufficiency.” Earth Spirit partners with the Roycroft Campus Corporation for this lecture and walking tour of the Roycroft Campus, 1-3:30 p.m., Saturday. Advance registration required. Call 941-6267 or go to earthspiritedu.org/events.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: “Indoor Ed-Venture — Evergreens, 2 p.m., today (meet in the Conference Room of the Visitors Center); and “Old Growth Forest Visit-Cabin Bank Woods (Cabins A & B areas),” 10 a.m., Saturday. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email email@example.com.