• Genesee County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs, Bergen Rod & Gun Club, 6410 North Lake Road, 7:30 p.m., Tuesday. Call (585) 768-6278.
• Niagara Frontier 2014 Summer 3-D League, 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, Registration 2:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Call Jim Hoffman at 799-9719.
• West Falls Conservation Society 15-Target 3-D Archery Shoot, 55 Bridge St., evenings from 4 p.m.-dusk, starting Aug. 7. For details, call 655-5030..
• WNY Outdoor Pistol League, Niagara County Club, 9 a.m.-noon, Aug. 3, Walk-on shooters welcome. For league and gear details, call Bob Guyder at 695-1725.
• Allied Sportsmen Club Fall Trap League, 12846 Clinton St., Marilla, begins Aug. 3, registration, 10:45 a.m.-1:30 p.m. The league shoots Tuesdays and Sundays. Non-members, beginners and Amateur Trapshooting Association shooters welcome. For more details, visit alliedsportsmen.com.
• Boston Valley Conservation Society 10-week Phall Trap League; 9624 Zimmerman Rd. Boston, begins, Aug. 10, shooting Sundays, 9 a.m.-noon and Thursdays, 6-8 p.m. Teams, individuals & practice shooters welcome. For more info call 649-4651.
To view the Department of Environmental Conservation registration format for certification classes, go to dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7860.
• Nick’s Sporting Goods, 1211 Kenmore Ave., 6-10 p.m., Tuesday and 6 p.m.-done, Wednesday. Call 875-9218.
• 3-F Club, 904 Swann Road, Lewiston, 6-10 p.m., Aug. 4 and 5. Call Dale Shank at 791-3809 or Doug Walck at 282-0625.
• Roy Alfords Little Ridge Archery, 8862 Ridge Road, Gasport, 6-10 p.m., Aug. 5-7. Call 772-7598 (1-8 p.m.)
• Getzville Fire Co., 630 Dodge Road, Amherst, 6-10 p.m., Aug. 12 and 14. Register at: reg9huntered
• Eden-North Collins Rod & Gun Club, 2404 Sandrock Road, 6-10 p.m., Aug. 4-6. To register, call 432-3049 on Wednesday.
• Millgrove Sportsmen, 12 County Line Road, Alden, 7-10 p.m., Aug. 5 and 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Aug. 9. Register and see instructions on line.
• Beaver Island State Park, Casino/Beach House, Grand Island, 8 a.m.-1
p.m., Saturday. Call 773-3271 (ext. 224).
• Hamburg Rod & Gun Club, Hickox Road, 6-11 p.m., Aug. 14. Call 646-9206.
• Wilson Conservation Club, 2934 Wilson-Cambria Road, 6-9 p.m., Friday and 9 a.m.-done, Saturday. Call Stan Culverwell at 751-9848.
• Security Weapons & Training Institute, 659 Ridge Road, Lackawanna: “8-Hour Annual In-Service Class,”; 9 a.m. Monday; “NYS Pistol Permit Class”; 6 p.m., Tuesday, and “8-Hour Firearms Recertification” 8:30 a.m., Wednesday at Eden. Call 822-1043 or go to swatstore.com.
• Firearms Training of WNY Classes: “NYS Pistol Permit Class,” Northtown Center, Amherst, 6-9 p.m., Wednesday; and “Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class”; Northtown Center, Amherst, 5:45-9:45 p.m., Thursday. Call 903-2558 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jim Carr Class: “Utah-Arizona-Florida Multi-State Pistol Permit Class,” Niagara Gun Range, North Tonawanda, 9 a.m., Aug. 9. Call 693-4000 or email: email@example.com.
• Enchanted Mountains Chapter of National Wild Turkey Federation “Seminar and Calling Contest,” Franklinville Conservation Club, Aug. 9. Quaker Boy Gall Calls expert Bob Wozniak will discuss deer and turkey calling at 12:30 p.m.; contest at 2 p.m. For more details, call Dick Duffy at 353-2781.
• Pennsylvania Bowhunters Festival, Sullivan County Fairgrounds, Forksville, Pa., Sept. 19-21. Pre-registration closes Aug. 8. For details, visit pabowhunters.com.
• Clays for Heroes Third Annual Fundraising Shoot, Rochester Brooks International Skeet & Trap Club, Rush, Aug. 9. For entry and sponsorship details, call Ashley Butcher at 698-5892.
• Buffalo Audubon Society/Beaver Meadow Center, 1610 Welch Road, North Java. Events: Enchanted Forest Reservations begin Friday; Walk at Knox Farm State Park-Bugs for All; 9 a.m., Saturday; Hike at Ayer-Stevenson Audubon Preserve,; 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday; Observatory at Beaver Meadow, dusk, Saturday; and Family Walk at with Beaver Meadow Naturalist, 2 p.m., Aug 3. Most events require registration. For details, call (585) 457-3228 (ext. 10) or go to buffaloaudubon.org.
• Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd., Event: Turtle Tour at Tifft, 2-4 p.m., Aug. 10. For programs and details, call 825-6397 (ext. 338).
• Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew, Programs: Summer Institute: Schoolyard Habitats (for educators of grades K-12), 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday; Trail Tuesday, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; Birding 101, 6:30 p.m., Wednesday; Insects of the Night, 8:30 p.m., Wednesday; and Fairy Houses-Butterfly Abodes (for ages 5-10) held at Amherst State Park, 10 a.m., Saturday. For registration details and all programs, call 683-5959.
• Niagara Frontier Region of New York State Parks Programs: Beach Glass 101, Evangola State Park, 1-3 p.m., Saturday, call 549-1050; and Picture This!-Photo Hike, Artpark State Park, 10 a.m.-noon, Saturday, Call 285-0516.
• Foothills Trail Club Events: Fuhrmann Boulevard Saunter, 10 a.m., Tuesday, call 882-3488; Stiglmeier Park, 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, call 873-0913 or 439-0062; Wednesday Night Mini-Hike, Sturgeon Point Beach Marina Hike, 6:30 p.m., call 627-3878; Houghton Park/Buffalo River, 4:30 a.m., Thursday, call 826-1939; Friday Evening Riverwalk, 6:30 p.m. Call 833-3851; Zoo to Erie Basin Marina, 9:30 a.m., Saturday, call 823-8156; and Hunter Creek Park, 10:30 a.m. Aug. 3 call 652-6190.
• Hamburg Natural History Society Events: Science Adventure Summer Day Camp (for boys and girls ages 8-12), Monday-Friday; Astronomy Night at Penn Dixie Site, 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and Summer Science Safari Day Camp (for boys and girls ages 8-12), July 28-Aug. 1. For registration forms and details, call 627-4560 or go to penndixie.org.
• Buffalo Orienteering Club Adventure Run or Hike, Sprague Brook Park, Colden, register 11-11:45 a.m. for noon start Aug. 3. Call 480-1713 or visit buffalo-orienteering.org.
• Letchworth State Park Interpretive Programs: Learn About Letchworth Series-Letchworth Landscapes with Potter Sharon Leary, 7 p.m., Tuesday; Tributary Trek-Silver Lake Outlet, 10 a.m. Wednesday; Wildflower Walk, 10 a.m. Thursday; Civilian Conservation Corps Reunion events at 10 a.m., noon, 1:30 and 2 p.m.,” 10 a.m., Saturday; Concert on the Hill & Classic Car Show, 3 p.m., Saturday; Wildflower Walk, 10 a.m., Aug. 3; and Indoor Ed-Venture-Ferns, 2 p.m. Aug. 3. For all programs, call (585) 493-3625.
Send items 15 days in advance to Will Elliott, 9777 Bernd Road, Pavilion, N.Y., 14525 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.