From the Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action every weekend. Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from several of this weekend’s contests.
Check out video reports from the huge 42-41 win by Jamestown Friday night at Orchard Park – including video of the Red Raiders halting OP’s two-point conversion attempt in the final minute – as well as interviews with Jamestown coach Tom Langworthy.
There are also video reports from wins this weekend by Lancaster and North Tonawanda, along with photo galleries as well as live blogs which document how the action transpired. For additional details on several games from the weekend, review our high school scoreboard page.
Section VI playoff matchups
Dates, times and sites for Week Eight (Oct. 25-26) quarterfinal games will be announced Sunday by Section VI.
Host teams typically play when they usually do throughout the season (Friday night or Saturday afternoon). N-North Division; S-South Division.
8-Niagara Falls (1-6) at 1-Jamestown (7-0)
7-Lockport (3-4) at 2-Frontier (5-2)
6-Clarence (2-5) at 3-Orchard Park (5-2)
5-Lancaster (4-3) at 4-Kenmore West (5-2)
8-Kenmore East (4-3) at 1-Sweet Home (7-0)
7-Wmsv. North (4-3) at 2-South Park (6-1)
6-Grand Island (6-1) at 3-McKinley (6-1)
5-West Seneca East (6-1) at 4-Williamsville South (5-2)
4S-Eden (4-3) at 1N-Cheektowaga (6-1)
3N-Bennett (4-3) at 2S-Depew (5-2)
3S-Pioneer (4-3) at 2N-Burgard (6-1)
4N-Medina (4-3) at 1S-Alden (7-0)
4S-Falconer (2-5) at 1N-Cleveland Hill (7-0)
3N-Lackawanna (4-3) at 2S-Salamanca (6-1)
3S-Southwestern (4-3) at 2N-Akron (5-2)
4N-Tonawanda (3-4) at 1S-Fredonia (7-0)
Week Eight quarterfinal
5-Cassadaga Valley (1-6) at 4-Ellicottville/West Valley (3-3)
Week Nine (Nov. 1-2) semifinals
Cass. Valley-E/WV winner at 1-Randolph (7-0)
3-Portville (4-3) at 2-Maple Grove (5-1)
Week Eight semifinals
4-Frewsburg (4-3, 4-2) at 1-Sherman (6-1, 5-1)
3-Panama (5-2, 4-2) at 2-Cattauragus/Little Valley (6-1, 5-1)
Winners advance to DD championship at 10 a.m. Nov. 9 at Ralph Wilson Stadium; DD champion does not advance in the state playoffs.
How they fared
1) Jamestown (7-0) beat Orchard Park, 42-41. Next week: Playoffs.
2) Canisius (5-2) lost to Cardinal Mooney (Ohio), 9-7. Next week: vs. Cardinal O’Hara.
3) St. Joe’s (5-2) beat St. Mary’s, 14-9. Next week: vs. Bishop Timon-St. Jude.
3) Sweet Home (7-0) beat McKinley, 58-22. Next week: Playoffs.
5) South Park (6-1) beat Cardinal O’Hara, 44-0. Next week: Playoffs.
6) McKinley (6-1) lost to Sweet Home, 58-22. Next week: Playoffs.
6) Orchard Park (5-2) lost to Jamestown, 42-41. Next week: Playoffs.
8) Frontier (5-2) lost to Hamburg, 14-7. Next week: Playoffs.
9) West Seneca East (6-1) beat Hutch-Tech, 41-8. Next week: Playoffs.
10) Grand Island (6-1) beat Williamsville North, 30-15. Next week: Playoffs.
1) Alden (7-0) beat East Aurora, 35-22. Next week: Playoffs.
2) Randolph (7-0) beat Portville, 48-7. Next week: Playoffs.
3) Cleveland Hill (7-0) beat JFK, 26-0. Next week: Playoffs.
4) Cheektowaga (6-1) beat Maryvale, 28-7. Next week: Playoffs.
5) Depew (5-2) lost to Lancaster, 36-0. Next week: Playoffs.
6) Fredonia (7-0) beat Dunkirk, 55-22. Next week: Playoffs.
7) Burgard (6-1) beat East, 46-0. Next week: Playoffs.
8) St. Mary’s (5-2) lost to St. Joe’s, 14-9. Next week: at St. Francis.
9) Pioneer (4-3) lost to Eden, 28-14. Next week: Playoffs.
10) Salamanca (6-1) beat Gowanda, 14-0. Next week: Playoffs.
[BN] the know every week during the high school football season with PrepTalkTV’s live, half-hour show each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keith McShea will bring you interviews, analysis and features that you can find only at buffalonews.com. As is the case every week, a live chat with McShea will follow the PrepTalkTV episode at around 8:15 p.m.
A look ahead to next weekend (Oct. 25-26), Week Eight and the beginning of the postseason:
• The Section VI playoffs begin with quarterfinal action. Among the compelling matchups include Kenmore West, a winner of five straight, hosting Lancaster, which won the teams’ matchup at Crosby Field in Week One; Grand Island taking on McKinley at a Buffalo Public Schools site to be announced – both teams are 6-1 with their only losses to Sweet Home; all Class B matchups have a significant level of intrigue; last year’s Class C first round was swept by the North (Fredonia was in the North last year).
• The Monsignor Martin Association regular season continues for two more weekends; next week’s highlight is Bishop Timon-St. Jude, coming off a nice win over Williamsville South, heading to St. Joe’s at 1 p.m. Saturday.
• The weekend lineup will also include matchups in the Chuck Funke Memorial Classic consolation games, in which teams which just missed the playoffs square off.