From the Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action every weekend. Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from several of this weekend’s contests.
Check out our video report from Frontier’s 17-7 Class AA semifinal victory over Orchard Park that sent the Falcons to the Section VI championships at Ralph Wilson Stadium for the first time since 1984. It includes interviews with Kenny Kahler, A.J. Licata and coach Tim Myslinski. A proud Myslinski only lamented that the Falcons won’t be able to play at home anymore. “This mud,” he says in one clip, “is in our blood.”
There are also video reports from wins this weekend by Canisius, Alden, Depew and Jamestown along with photo galleries and live blogs which document how the action transpired.
For more details on several games, review our high school scoreboard page.
Section VI Championships
at Ralph Wilson Stadium
2-Maple Grove/Chautauqua Lake (7-1) vs. 1-Randolph (9-0) , 6 p.m. Friday
Regular season matchup: Randolph won, 35-7, at Maple Grove in Week Four. This is a rematch of last year’s D final, won by Randolph, 21-0.
7-Williamsville North (6-3) vs.
1-Sweet Home (9-0), 8:30 p.m. Friday
Regular season matchup: Did not meet.
4-Frewsburg (5-3) vs. 2-Cattaraugus/Little Valley (7-1), 10 a.m. Saturday
Regular season matchup: Cattaraugus/Little Valley won, 21-7, at home in Week Seven. (The DD champion does not advance to state playoffs.)
1S-Fredonia (9-0) vs. 1N-Cleveland Hill (9-0) , 1 p.m. Saturday
Regular season matchup: Did not meet. This is a rematch of last year’s C final, won by Cleveland Hill, 22-20.
2S-Depew (8-1) vs. 1S-Alden (9-0),
4 p.m. Saturday
Regular season matchup: Alden won, 28-7, at Depew in Week Four. During its current three-year run as Class B champions, Alden notched postseason wins over Depew in last year’s semifinals, 28-21, and in the 2011 final, 12-0.
2-Frontier (7-2) vs. 1-Jamestown (9-0), 7 p.m. Saturday
Regular season matchup: Did not meet because Class AA had an unbalanced schedule.
NYSPHSAA playoff schedule
Far West Regionals
at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
Nov. 15: Class D-5 p.m. Class A-8 p.m.
Nov. 16: Class C-noon. Class B-3 p.m. Class AA-6.
Semifinals at Sahlen’s Stadium, Rochester
Nov. 22: Class D-5 p.m. Class A-8 p.m.
Nov. 23: Class C-noon. Class B-3 p.m. Class AA-6.
Championships at Carrier Dome, Syracuse
Nov. 29: Class D-noon. Class A-3 p.m.
Dec. 1: Class C-noon. Class B-3 p.m. Class AA-6.
Monsignor Martin playoffs
Week 10 (Nov. 8-9) quarterfinals
6-Cardinal O’Hara (1-6) at 3-St. Francis (4-5)
5-Bish. Timon-St. Jude (3-6) at 4-St. Mary’s (4-3)
Semifinals — Thursday, Nov. 14
at Ralph Wilson Stadium, 5 & 7:30 p.m.
O’Hara/St. Francis winner vs. 2-St. Joe’s (6-3)
Timon/St. Mary’s winner vs. 1-Canisius (7-2)
Championship — Thursday, Nov. 21
at Ralph Wilson Stadium, 7 p.m.
How they fared
1) Jamestown (9-0) beat Kenmore West, 69-14. Next: Frontier.
2) Canisius (7-2) beat St. Joe’s, 21-0. Next: Bye.
3) Sweet Home (9-0) beat West Seneca East, 35-14. Next: Williamsville North.
4) St. Joe’s (6-3) lost to Canisius, 21-0. Next: Bye.
5) Orchard Park (6-3) lost to Frontier, 17-7. Season over.
6) Kenmore West (6-3) lost to Jamestown, 69-14. Season over.
7) Grand Island (7-2) lost to Williamsville North, 14-7. Season over.
8) West Seneca East (7-2) lost to Sweet Home, 35-14. Season over.
9) Frontier (7-2) beat Orchard Park, 17-7. Next: Jamestown.
10) Williamsville North (7-2) beat Grand Island, 14-7. Next: Sweet Home.
1) Alden (9-0) beat Burgard, 21-12. Next: Depew.
2) Randolph (9-0) beat Ellicottville/WV, 38-6. Next: Maple Grove/Chaut. Lake.
3) Cleveland Hill (9-0) beat Lackawanna, 36-6. Next: Fredonia.
4) Fredonia (9-0) beat Akron, 72-42. Next: Cleveland Hill.
5) Burgard (7-2) lost to Alden, 21-12. Season over.
6) Depew (7-2) beat Eden, 39-17. Next: Alden.
7) Akron (6-3) lost to Fredonia, 72-42. Season over.
8) Cheektowaga (6-2). Season over.
8) Eden (6-3) lost to Depew, 39-17. Season over.
10) Maple Grove (7-1) beat Portville, 21-6. Next: Randolph.
[BN] the know every week during the high school football season with PrepTalkTV’s live, half-hour broadcast each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. News Sports Reporter Keith McShea will bring you interviews, analysis and features that you can find only at buffalonews.com.