From the Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action every weekend. Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from several of this weekend’s contests.
Check out a video report from Kenmore West’s 28-15 Class AA quarterfinal win over Lancaster Saturday which includes interviews with seniors Alex Price and Adam Fron, sophomore Terell Ford and coach Rich Harris.
There are also video reports from wins this weekend by Grand Island, Depew and West Seneca East, along with photo galleries and live blogs which document how the action transpired.
For more details on several games, review our high school scoreboard page.
Section VI semifinal matchups
Dates and times for Week Nine (Nov. 1-2) semifinal games are tentative and based on when host teams typically play throughout the season (Friday night or Saturday afternoon).
4-Kenmore West (6-2) at 1-Jamestown (8-0), 7 p.m. Friday
3-Orchard Park (6-2) at 2-Frontier (6-2), 7 p.m. Friday
5-West Seneca East (7-1) at 1-Sweet Home (8-0), 2 p.m. Saturday
7-Williamsville North (5-3) at 6-Grand Island (7-1), 2 p.m. Saturday
4S-Eden (5-3) at 2S-Depew (6-2), 7:30 p.m. Friday
2N-Burgard (7-1) at 1S-Alden (8-0), 7 p.m. Friday
3N-Lackawanna (5-3) at 1N-Cleveland Hill (8-0) , 2 p.m. Saturday
2N-Akron (6-2) at 1S-Fredonia (8-0), 7:30 p.m. Friday
4-Ellicottville/West Valley (4-3) at 1-Randolph (7-0), 7 p.m. Friday
3-Portville (4-3) vs. 2-Maple Grove (6-1), 7 p.m. Friday
Section VI Championships
All games at Ralph Wilson Stadium
Friday, Nov. 8
Class D: 6 p.m. Class A: 8:30.
Saturday, Nov. 9
Class DD — 10 a.m.
2-Cattauragus/Little Valley (7-1) vs. 4-Frewsburg (5-3); DD champion does not advance in the state playoffs.
Class C: 1 p.m. Class B: 4. Class AA: 7.
How they fared
1) Jamestown (8-0) beat Niagara Falls, 63-6. Next week: AA semifinal.
2) Canisius (6-2) beat Cardinal O’Hara, 41-0. Next week: vs. St. Joe’s.
3) Sweet Home (8-0) beat Kenmore East, 32-0. Next week: A semfinal.
4) St. Joe’s (6-2) beat Bishop Timon-St. Jude, 15-6. Next week: at Canisius.
5) Orchard Park (6-2) beat Clarence, 36-20. Next week: AA semifinal.
6) South Park (6-2) lost to Williamsville North, 21-0. Next week: Consolation game.
7) West Seneca East (7-1) beat Williamsville South, 35-14. Next week: A semifinal.
8) Kenmore West (6-2) beat Lancaster, 28-15. Next week: AA semifinal.
8) McKinley (6-2) lost to Grand Island, 23-0. Next week: Consolation game.
10) Grand Island (7-1) beat McKinley, 23-0. Next week: A semifinal.
1) Alden (8-0) beat Medina, 25-0. Next week: B semifinal.
2) Randolph (8-0) beat Dunkirk, 42-16. Next week: D semifinal.
3) Cleveland Hill (8-0) beat Falconer, 22-0. Next week: C semifinal.
4) Cheektowaga (6-2) lost to Eden, 23-12. Next week: Consolation game.
5) Fredonia (8-0) beat Tonawanda, 43-7. Next week: C semifinal.
6) Burgard (7-1) beat Pioneer, 20-0. Next week: B semifinal.
7) Depew (6-2) beat Bennett, 41-26. Next week: B semifinal.
8) Salamanca (6-2) lost to Lackawanna, 32-16. Next week: Consolation game.
9) St. Mary’s (4-3) lost to St. Francis, 28-0. Next week: at Cardinal O’Hara.
10) Maple Grove (6-1) beat Cameron County (Pa.), 35-6. Next week: D semifinal.
[BN] the know every week during the high school football season with PrepTalkTV’s live, half-hour broadcast each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. News Sports Reporter Keith McShea will bring you interviews, analysis and features that you can find only at buffalonews.com. As is the case every week, a live chat with McShea will follow the PrepTalkTV episode at around 8:15 p.m.
A look ahead to next weekend (Nov. 1-2) and Week Nine, which includes the biggest games of the season that will be played at school sites:
• St. Joe’s vs. Canisius (1 p.m. Saturday at Canisius’ Stransky Complex on Clinton St. in West Seneca): Last year, Canisius won, 28-21, before more than 6,000 at St. Joe’s. Tickets for the game are available at the respective schools. Students from the two schools get in free w/student ID; tickets are $4 for all other students and adults, either presale or at the gate.
Other key Monsignor Martin Association games on the final weekend of league play are Friday’s matchup of St. Francis at Bishop Timon-St. Jude (7 p.m.) and Saturday’s small-school battle of St. Mary’s at Cardinal O’Hara (2 p.m.).
• Section VI semifinals: Friday night will be busy, with seven games, as teams vie for a trip to Ralph Wilson Stadium. The other three games will be played Saturday.
• Chuck Funke Memorial Classic Consolation Bowls: Action starts earlier this week as teams that missed the playoffs try to finish their seasons with a win on Wednesday.