1. Clarence cross country. Red Devils boys and girls both No. 1 in large school polls, with the boys seventh in the state in Class A and the girls 10th. The boys ran away with the KnoXC Invitational title Saturday in East Aurora, while the girls were second by the slimmest of margins (more on that later).
2. Jamestown football. Red Raiders are 5-0 with at least 50 points each week. Call the 5-0 for this crime: Jamestown continues to be robbed in state AA poll (14th).
3. Sweet Home football. Great past week for the Panthers: PrepTalkTV appearance Thursday, 65th straight win vs. WNY at Grand Island Saturday, moved up to No. 1 in state Class A poll Tuesday.
4. Clarence girls swimming. It tells you something when this Red Devils program posts routs against historically strong programs. Earlier it was OP (125-61). On Tuesday it was Williamsville North (139-47).
5. St. Mary’s girls volleyball. Unanimous No. 1 small school Lancers won at unanimous No. 1 large school Orchard Park last week before performing well at prestigious Garden State Challenge.
6. Canisius boys volleyball. Host Section V power McQuaid today at 6:30; week from today they’re at No. 2 St. Joe’s.
7. East Aurora cross country. Boys ranked 10th in state in Class B, and girls are No. 1. Girls won epic showdown with Clarence on Saturday on tiebreaker (sixth runner). EA had better total team time – by 0.87 seconds (!).
8. Randolph football. No. 1 in the state in Class D might not have a tough game for a long while.
9. Williamsville East boys soccer. Takes on St. Joe’s as part of an outstanding Super Monday lineup at Nichols (EA-Akron and Akron-Canisius too).
10. Williamsville South and Lockport girls soccer. Undefeated Billies have four first-place votes in large-school poll, undefeated Lions have two.
Honor roll: Clarence and Akron boys soccer; Sacred Heart girls golf; Nardin girls soccer; Orchard Park girls volleyball; Amherst field hockey; Canisius and Burgard football (Bulldogs are tonight’s PrepTalkTV guest); Williamsville North, Starpoint, Eden and Barker boys golf; Lockport girls tennis; Williamsville South gymnastics.