1. Orchard Park baseball. In what is usually an ultra-competitive ECIC I, Quakers have gone a very impressive 10-0 to clinch championship while plenty of teams are scrambling to get a full league schedule in.
2. Bishop Timon-St. Jude boys lacrosse. Tigers (9-4) are 15th in the state overall and 47th in the country, according to laxpower.com. Four losses have come to top three schools in toplaxrecruits.com North America poll: Boys Latin (Md.), Culver (Ind.) and Hill Acad. (Ont.).
3. Fredonia baseball. Defending Class B state champions in a familiar spot, No. 1 in small school poll.
4. St. Joe’s boys lacrosse. Marauders (9-3) over Christian Brothers Academies of Syracuse and New Jersey. Only local loss in OT vs. Timon. Round Two is next Wednesday. Unfortunate that Orchard Park canceled what would have been outstanding showdown Wednesday.
5. Clarence softball. No. 1 large school despite loss to No. 2 Orchard Park.
6. Sweet Home track and field. Panthers, a Power 10 member most of the winter, continuing to shine in boys and girls, on the track, and the field.
7. Frontier girls lacrosse. Huge win over rival Lancaster Tuesday to split season series. Count on them meeting again in Section VI Class A final May 28 at All High Stadium.
8. Lancaster lacrosse. Boys big win over Clarence Tuesday, girls certainly still a force.
9. Nichols boys tennis. Undefeated atop the Monsignor Martin Association. Overall 16-3 record includes 13 5-0 shutouts, one over ECIC III power Amherst.
10. Eden softball. No. 1 small school remains undefeated after winning ECIC IV title with a victory over Alden.