From the Friday Night Lights to Saturday afternoon homecoming games, BuffaloNews.com is the place to keep track of all of Western New York’s football action every weekend.
Review our #PrepTalkLive coverage from several of this weekend’s contests.
There are video reports from wins by South Park, St. Joe’s, Orchard Park, Sweet Home and Williamsville South.
There are also photo galleries as well as live blogs which document how the action transpired.
Our high school scoreboard page also has additional details from several games.
• South Park clinched its first division title since winning the 2003 Harvard Cup with a 22-0 victory at West Seneca East Friday night. The victory clinched the Class A South championship for the Sparks and it came on the field of last year’s division champion. The win also clinched South Park’s first Section VI playoff berth since it — and the Buffalo Public Schools — joined Section VI football in 2010.
• Nigel Davis ran for 132 yards and a touchdown on 11 carries, played quarterback out of the Wildcat and kicked three extra points as St. Joe’s battled to a 27-20 Monsignor Martin victory at St. Francis Friday night.
• Jamestown kept its streak of 50-point games going with a 56-8 Friday night victory at West Seneca West. The No. 1 team in The Buffalo News large school poll has scored at least 50 in each of its five games. Senior quarterback Jake Sisson threw for four touchdowns and 202 yards.
• No. 1 small school Alden again had a flair for the dramatic, beating Pioneer, 35-28, in a back-and-forth game Friday night. Pioneer came within seven with 1:09 left but could not recover an onsides kick.
• Lake Shore beat Hutch-Tech, 34-14, Friday night as first-year coach Drew Tackacs won his first game and the Eagles won their first regular season contest since 2011.
• Brandon Donahue had two interception returns for touchdowns for Bishop Timon-St. Jude Friday night in a 50-21 home win over Cardinal O’Hara.
How they fared
1) Jamestown (5-0) beat West Seneca West, 56-8. Next week: vs. Clarence.
2) Canisius (4-1) beat St. Mary’s, 51-0. Next week: vs. Bishop Timon-St. Jude.
2) St. Joe’s (4-1) beat St. Francis, 27-20. Next week: at Cathedral Prep (Pa.).
4) Frontier (4-1) lost to Kenmore West, 26-21. Next week: at Lancaster.
5) Sweet Home (5-0) beat Grand Island, 19-7. Next week: at Kenmore East.
6) West Seneca East (4-1) lost to South Park, 22-0. Next week: at West Seneca West.
7) Orchard Park (4-1) beat Lancaster, 14-7. Next week: at Niagara Falls.
8) Grand Island (4-1) lost to Sweet Home,19-7. Next week: at Starpoint.
9) South Park (4-1) beat West Seneca East, 22-0. Next week: at Hamburg.
10) McKinley (5-0) beat Niagara Falls, 12-6. Next week: at Williamsville South.
1) Alden (5-0) beat Pioneer, 35-28. Next week: at Olean.
2) Randolph (5-0) beat Silver Creek/Forestville, 42-7. Next week: at Cassadaga Valley.
3) Burgard (5-0) beat Amherst, 36-7. Next week: at Cheektowaga.
4) Cleveland Hill (5-0) beat Newfane, 40-12. Next week: at Tonawanda.
5) St. Mary’s (3-1) lost to Canisius, 51-0. Next week: at Hutch-Tech.
6) Depew (4-1) beat Dunkirk, 36-6. Next week: vs. Eden.
7) Fredonia (5-0) beat Allegany-Limestone, 49-17. Next week: vs. Gowanda.
8) Cheektowaga (4-1) beat Barker/Roy-Hart, 42-16. Next week: vs. Burgard.
9) Lackawanna (3-2) lost to Williamsville North, 41-12. Next week: vs. Akron.
10) Maple Grove/Chautauqua Lake (3-1) bye. Next week: at Ellicottville/West Valley.
10) Pioneer (3-2) lost to Alden, 35-28. Next week: vs. Springville.
[BN] the know every week during the high school football season with PrepTalkTV’s live, half-hour show each Thursday at 7:30 p.m. Keith McShea will bring you interviews, analysis and features that you can find only at buffalonews.com. A live chat follows the show.
A game-by-game look ahead to next weekend (Oct. 11-12):
• A battle for first place in Class A Central has McKinley at Williamsville South at 7 p.m. Friday.
• There is a Class AA showdown of Frontier at Lancaster at 7:30 Friday.
• Traditional rivals meet when West Seneca East plays at West Seneca West at 7 p.m. Friday.
• St. Joe’s will take on one of the top teams in Pennsylvania when it plays at Cathedral Prep in Erie Friday night.
• A first-place battle in Class B North has top 10 small schools meeting as Burgard is at Cheektowaga at 2 p.m. Saturday.
• In the Monsignor Martin Association, Canisius hosts Bishop Timon-St. Jude at the Stransky Complex at 2 Saturday.