Read more »
Even though the double bass has a strong role to play in jazz groups, as an anchor and as a vehicle for virtuoso solos, it holds the low ground in an orchestra, rarely getting a chance to shine. Edmond Gnekow, one of the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra’s corps of bassists knows this well.On Tu...Read more »
- New York Philharmonic’s principal violist bringing Romantic music to UB
- Digging through the bins: Rihanna’s musical selfie; Megadeth’s mighty roar; Sabbath prepares for The End.
- UB Celebrates Chinese New Year
- Tauk of the town
- Violinist, BPO make it a memorable night
- ‘Wild’ new BPO season has richness and resonance – even a rock drummer
- Burnt Sugar to ‘Superfreak’ Rick James at Nietzsche’s
- Listening Post: A New Jazz Trio on its Way to Hallwalls and an all-Ives disc from Seattle.
- A hot jazz band for a cold season
- Celebrated violinist, historic violin joining BPO for Tchaikovsky concerto