Katherine Whiting and John Pirro were married at 1 p.m. Aug. 10 in Our Lady of Peace Church, Clarence. Guests gathered for an outdoor reception at the North Amherst Fire Company, Amherst. The Rev. James Kelly, a retired priest from St. Margaret’s Parish, heard the couple’s vows. The bride’s parents are Elizabeth J. and the late Jon L. Whiting of Depew. The bridegroom’s parents are Alfanso and Kathleen Pirro of Clarence. The wedding date is also the shared birthday of the bride’s late father and the groom’s father. The bride is a graduate of Depew High School. She earned a communication and political science degree from the University at Buffalo. The bride is a special events manager at Hospice Foundation of WNY. The groom is a graduate of Clarence High School. He is a train conductor at CSX Corp. After a trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the couple will make their home in Depew.
Katherine Whiting and John Pirro are wed in Clarence
- 383 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 263 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 140 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo