1. On what date did Paul Revere and William Dawes ride to warn that the British were coming?
2. What is the only man-made structure visible from space?
3. Where in New York did the Woodstock Festival occur?
4. What is the more common name for a tam-tam in an orchestra?
5. What is the meaning of “pertinacious”?
6. The unemployment depth of the Great Depression occurred in 1933 when one-sixth, one-fifth or one-fourth of the U.S. labor force was out of work?
7. What type of food does a carnivore eat?
8. What U.S. Army rank is represented by two silver stars?
9. Formal appointment in writing of an agent is known as what kind of power?
10. Identify Finland’s capital.
1. April 18, 1775. The date is mentioned in the poem “Paul Revere’s Ride,” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
2. The Great Wall of China.
3. Bethel, about 60 miles from Woodstock.
4. Gong, a percussion instrument.
5. Holding to a belief; unyielding or persistent.
8. Major general.
9. Power of attorney.