Events this week at the Central Library, Lafayette Square, include: Western New York College Consortium College Fair, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today, and Bon Voyage Children’s Program, featuring travel stories, bingo, crafts and games, 2 to 3 p.m. Saturday. For more information, call 858-8900 or visit www.buffalolib.org.
GOWNS 4 PROMS
Colvin Cleaners will kick off its ninth annual Gowns 4 Proms drive, which provides prom dresses for area girls. Donated dresses will be cleaned and organized by size and prepared for dress selection from 2:45 to 8 p.m. April 21 to 23 at Shea’s Performing Arts Center, 646 Main St.
High schools can email the program with a list of students that would benefit most from the program. Sign up at www.colvincleaners.com
Dresses can be dropped off through April 10 at any of the following locations:
• Boulevard Mall, Guest Services Center (mall entrance near TGIFridays), Amherst
• Colvin Cleaners, 2375 Elmwood Ave.
• Goodwill of Western New York, all locations
• Shea’s Performing Arts Center, 646 Main St.
• TT New York, Boulevard Mall and Walden Galleria
• Continental School of Beauty, 326 Kenmore Ave.
• Continental School of Beauty, 1050 Union Road, West Seneca
To volunteer or for more information, visit www.colvincleaners.com.
CURATORS OF CULTURE
Young Audiences of Western New York offers a free after-school multiarts program for Erie County students ages 13 to 17 from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays at the Central Library, Lafayette Square, and Thursdays at the Western New York Book Arts Center, 468 Washington St. To register or for more information, contact Annette at 881-0917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Penn Dixie site volunteer training session will take place from 8:30 a.m. to noon in the Gateway Executive Office, 3556 Lakeshore Road, Blasdell. Visit www.penndixie.org for more information. To reserve a spot at the training session, call 627-4560. Cost is $25, free for Penn Dixie members. Also, at 7 p.m. Wednesday at Gateway, Penn Dixie will host Dr. Rick Batt, of SUNY Buffalo State, to speak on “Seashells through geologic time: A look at fossil mollusks and their modern conterparts.” Cost is $4, free for Penn Dixie members.
• Holland High School, 103 Canada St., Holland, will present “Bye Bye Birdie” at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $8; $6 for Sunday show. Pictured, from left, are Abe Stroka, Madison Hanel, John Steiner, Kolby Reumann, Ashley O’Connor and Wyatt Gilbert.
• Bishop Timon-St. Jude High School’s Little Theatre will present “Les Miserables” at 7 p.m. today through Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday in the Crowley Center for Media and Arts on the school’s third floor, 601 McKinley Parkway. Tickets are $7 to $10.
• Park School, 4625 Harlem Road, Snyder, will present “Grease” at 5:30 p.m. today, 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $5 to $15. Call Jeanmarie Danieu to reserve seats at 839-1243, Ext. 109. Pictured at top, from left, are Caroline Connors, Taylor Levine and Sydney Pfeifer. Above, from left, are Mike Jeswald, Paris Howell and Nico Neglia.