Mr. and Mrs. Richard Downey of Colden celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a Mass and renewal of marriage vows and a presentation of a papal blessing in St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, followed by a party with family and friends in St. John’s Parish Hall. Mr. Downey and Janet Nixon were married Sept. 28, 1963, in St. John Vianney Catholic Church, Orchard Park. He is a former quality representative and past UAW president, retiring as a vice president at the Ford Motor Co. Buffalo Stamping Plant with 43 years of service; she is a former director of religious education and currently is a parish secretary at St. John the Baptist Church. They have six children and three grandchildren.
Richard and Janet Downey
- 315 Friends of injured driver have beef with Schwabl's sign
- 164Salvatore wants mausoleum in front of Steaks, Chops and More
- 128 Orchard Park mother joins fight for medical marijuana with her young daughter in mind
- 117 Letter: Abandon 'Obamacare' and restore free choice
- 106Russ Brandon is concerned about TO, ticket sales at Ralph