Mr. and Mrs. Matthew Filipski of Depew celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary with a gathering in Christie’s, West Seneca. Mr. Filipski and Eleanore Gembala were married Sept. 26, 1953, in St. Adalbert’s Basilica. He is a retired accounting manager for the U.S. Postal Service; she is a retired U.S. Postal Service clerk in Buffalo. They have six children, 14 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
Matt and Eleanore Filipski
- 361 Great Lakes ice cover could lead to floods and chillier weather
- 262 Sabres suffer credibility problem
- 228 dysfunction returns to sabres front office Mystery surrounds parting with LaFontaine, but it looks like more of the same for this owner
- 145 Sabres' situation is as clear as mud
- 140 Letter: SAFE Act's passage aims to garner votes for Cuomo