ADVERTISEMENT

New role for actress Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence will not only star in the upcoming film adaptation of Jeanette Walls’ 2005 best-selling memoir, “The Glass Castle,” but the project will also mark her first time as a producer.

“I don’t know if I will be any good, but I’m trying it,” Lawrence said of her new post in an interview with the Associated Press at a recent publicity event in Beverly Hills. “So far I am not sure if I am, because I am very instinctual, but not very verbal. But producing is something that I have really wanted to do.”

The actress attached herself to the adaptation after her mother, Karen Lawrence, fell in love with Walls’ story and suggested she read it.

Chastain discusses her life

Early this year as Jessica Chastain was in the midst of an Oscar blitz for “Zero Dark Thirty,” media outlets picked up a story that her biological father, a musician named Michael Monasterio, had died. Chastain did not attend the funeral, and she did not comment publicly on his death.

In Vogue’s December issue, Chastain calls the attention “very difficult.” She says no father is listed on her birth certificate, and there’s “no proof of anything.” She says she remained silent at the time out of respect for her stepfather, Michael Hastey.

She calls Hastey “one of the greatest people” she knows and says when he came into her life it was the “first time I had felt security.”

Vogue’s December issue goes on sale Nov. 19.

New show for Wahlbergs

A&E network is feasting on the Wahlberg brothers, who will star in a new reality show titled “Wahlburgers” and set in the family’s Boston restaurant.

For the show, actor brothers Mark and Donnie Wahlberg head back to their hometown to join forces with older brother Paul in the hamburger venture.

A&E says all eyes will be on these Wahlbergs, who are determined to make their restaurant brand a success in Boston and beyond. Now they just have to agree on a second location. “Wahlburgers” is set to premiere Jan. 22.

Baldwin testifies about woman

Alec Baldwin testified Tuesday that he never had a sexual or romantic relationship with a Canadian actress accused of stalking him, saying that after they met she began leaving dozens of voicemails for him a night and eventually started threatening to show up at his homes.

The “30 Rock” star said at the Manhattan trial of the woman, Genevieve Sabourin, that he had a meal with her at a friend’s request, gave her an email address and phone number, and later communicated with her about acting classes.

She began to barrage him with as many as 30 voicemails per night and hundreds of emails that started out as lovelorn and pleading, Baldwin said.

They escalated into ominous threats to insinuate herself into his now-wife’s yoga class and to come to his homes, even as he implored her to stop and threatened to call authorities, according to Baldwin.

“It was nightmarish,” he said.

Sabourin had some outbursts as he testified, including: “You’re lying!”