Book review: ‘In Other Words,’ a Bengali American writer’s first novel to be translated from Italian
In Other WordsBy Jhumpa Lahiri; translated from Italian by Ann GoldsteinKnopf233 pages, $26.95By Michael D. LanganJhumpa Lahiri (1967 – ) is an Indian Bengali American writer who won the 2000 Pulitzer Prize for her fiction, “Interpreter of Maladies,” a collection of short storie...Read more »
- Handsome quarterbacks and other sports subjects
- Books in Brief: The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork
- About John Greenleaf Whittier (1807-1982)
- Poetry and literature calendar
- A wild and wooly ride with the EMT’s
- Can things be good for everyone in a capitalist society?
- Editor’s choice: ‘shylock is my name’ by howard jacobson
- When a movement is ‘upward upward,’ how high can it go?
- Books in Brief: The Night Parade by Kathryn Tanquary
- Poetry and Literature Calendar for week of Jan. 24-30
|The Refresh Buffalo Blog: Pucker up and eat right with a new fermented food joint on Buffalo's West Side|
|The Refresh Buffalo Blog: A sour twist on nutrition with fermented foods|
|Talkin’ TV: Richert exiting Ch.4 after 17 years; Jeanneret on month-long vacation|
|Talkin’ TV: Entercom stations briefly silenced; CBS' Simms keeps on talking and getting bashed on Twitter|