Eight guitarists from all over the globe have been chosen to compete in the 2014 JoAnn Falletta International Guitar Concerto Competition.
In alphabetical order, they are:
• Dan Alexandru Arhire (Romania).
• Chad Ibison (United States). Ibison competed before, in 2008.
• Ekachai Jearakul (Thailand). Jearakul entered in 2012 and took third prize.
• Laura Klemke (Germany). Klemke took second place in 2008.
• Marcin Kuzniar (Poland).
• Sanel Redzic (Bosnia and Germany). Redzic competed in 2012.
• Marko Topchii (Ukraine).
• You Wang (China).
The semifinals will take place in the WNED Studios in downtown Buffalo on June 4 and June 5. The finals will be held on June 7 in Kleinhans Music Hall.
Each event begins at 7:30 p.m. The semifinals will be broadcast live on Classical 94.5 WNED and streamed online at www.wned.org. Tickets are $12 for the semifinals and $41-$72 for the finals, with discounts for students and seniors. For info, call 885-5000.