ADVERTISEMENT

TOWN OF JAVA— Five Wyoming County fire companies responded to an early morning fire Wednesday that started in a 10-foot by 15-foot shed on Java Road.

The shed contained a malfunctioning wood boiler that had been used to heat a neighboring home, according to Wyoming County Emergency Services officials. Responding to the fire, which occurred shortly before 4 a.m. Wednesday, were fire companies from North Java, Strykersville, Arcade, Bliss and Chaffee Sardinia. Firefighters prevented any damage to the nearby home. The shed fire, which took about two hours to contain, caused a total of $8,000 in damage, according Wyoming County Office of Emergency Services. No injuries were reported.