Kingergarten registration is under way in the West Seneca School District for children who will reach age 5 by Dec. 1.
Registration can be done online by visiting www.wscschools.org and clicking on “Central Registration” to begin the process. Otherwise, call 677-3137 to schedule an appointment at the Central Registration office, which is in room 219 at West Elementary School, 1397 Orchard Park Road.
A prekindergarten program is available for children who will reach age 4 by Dec. 1.
For online registration, visit www.wscschools.org and click on “Universal Pre-K” to begin. Parents also may call 377-3604 to schedule an appointment for Universal Prekindergarten Registration at Potters Road Elementary School, 675 Potters Road.
Also this week:
• A meeting of the town’s Zoning Board of Appeals begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers at Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
• Main Place Marketplace, featuring dozens of farmers and food producers, is open 4 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday adjacent to Town Hall. In case of wet weather, the market will be moved to the parking lot in front of the ice rink behind Town Hall.
• Mineral Springs Road, between South Ogden Street and Harlem Road, will remain closed to through traffic until next Sunday, as permanent repairs are made on the sanitary sewer beneath the road, as well as a manhole and road surface.
• An exhibit created by Native Roots Artists Guild continues at Burchfield Nature & Art Center, 2001 Union Road. The center is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays.
• "Total Praise,” a choral concert, will be held next Sunday at 4 p.m. at Fourteen Holy Helpers Parish, 1345 Indian Church Road. The performance, featuring the church choir, soloists and alumni, is part of the parish’s 150th anniversary celebration. Admission is free; freewill offerings will be accepted.