The 41st Annual Veterans Day Ceremony begins at 11 a.m. Monday at the Walkway of Freedom in Veterans Memorial Park adjacent to Town Hall, 1250 Union Road.
Sponsored by the West Seneca Veterans Committee, the event will feature Assemblyman Michael P. Kearns, D-Buffalo, as the guest speaker and Jody Mucciaccio will perform patriotic songs.
There will be light refreshments afterward at Post 735, American Legion, across the street at 35 Legion Parkway.
Also this week:
• A second public hearing on the town’s proposed budget for 2014 begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the senior center, 4620 Seneca St. Spending totals approximately $34.89 million, with a projected property tax rate increase of one cent; the 2014 rate would be $17.45 per $1,000 of assessed valuation.
• A free seminar on fall prevention is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the senior center. Sponsored by Seneca Health Care Center, please call 828-0500 by Tuesday to RSVP.
• The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. Thursday in Council Chambers in Town Hall.
• More than 50 vendors are expected at Friday’s Winchester Craft & Vendor Fair at Winchester Community Church, 909 Harlem Road. The event runs from 6 to 9 p.m.; admission is free.
• Online ordering and payment are available for West Seneca Rotary’s Holiday Fundraiser, which benefits several organizations. Fruit, cookie dough and 22-inch wreaths are for sale; orders and payment are due by Nov. 20. Visit www.wsrotary.org or call Scott Sainsbury at 444-0018 or Ed Bedient at 997-6043.
• Cub Scout Pack 616 is partnering with Lord of Life Lutheran Church in collecting warm coats for men, women and children, as well as personal care items such as travel-size toiletries. Scouts will assemble Cubs Care Packages at their Nov. 22 meeting, for delivery Dec. 1 to Friends of Night People in Buffalo. Items may be dropped off at the church, 1025 Borden Road, between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. weekdays, and 9 a.m. to noon on weekends.