Town of Tonawanda
Latin jazz band Sol Y Sombra will perform Tuesday on the lawn of Kenmore Middle School, kicking off the fifth annual free Children’s Concert Series, sponsored by Kenmore Village Improvement Society and Franco’s Pizza.
Concerts begin at 6:15 p.m. at 155 Delaware Road. In case of rain, they’re held in the Kenmore Community Center, 135 Wilber Ave.
Rockabilly group Lustre Kings perform July 22; Mama Earth’s Kitchen Band on July 29; German-American show band The Frankfurters on Aug. 5; and Billy Baroo Band jazz on Aug. 12.
Bring lawn chairs or blankets to sit on. Food and beverages will be available.
On- and off-street parking will be available nearby at Kenmore United Methodist Church and Pilgrim Evangelical Lutheran Church.
• The monthly meeting of Kenmore Village Improvement Society begins at 7 p.m. Monday in Kenmore Community Center, Wilber and Mang avenues.
• A work session of the Kenmore Village Board begins at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the mayor’s office at the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A regular meeting follows at 8 in Council Chambers.
• The 2014 Summer Concert Series at Lincoln Arena continues Tuesday with Irish music by Blarney Bunch. National Trust performs Wednesday and Easy Street Big Band takes the stage Thursday. All concerts start at 7:30 p.m.
• The Brighton Place Library annual book sale runs from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesday, noon to 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Brighton Arena, 215 Brompton Road. More than 30,000 books, sorted by category, will be available with proceeds benefitting the library. Call 332-4375 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• Roll of Honor Post 120, Disabled American Veterans, will host a mobile bus from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday and Friday at Brounschidle Post, American Legion, 3354 Delaware Ave. A service officer will be available to help veterans file or pursue claims, and learn more about benefits for which they qualify.
• The Ken-Ton Garden Tour of more than 50 gardens runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The Night Lights evening tour of select illuminated gardens is set for 8:30 to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Tour day headquarters is the Aquatic and Fitness Center, 1 Pool Plaza. For more information, visit www.kentongardentour.com.