Town of Tonawanda
The Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda School Board is holding a special meeting Thursday to review applicants for the superintendent’s job.
The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. in the board room at the administration building, 1500 Colvin Blvd. The superintendent’s search will be discussed in an executive session.
Also this week:
• The Town Board will have a work session at 4 p.m. Monday in the conference room of the Municipal Building, 2919 Delaware Ave. A regular meeting follows at 7:30 in Council Chambers.
• Construction will cause lane closures on the Sheridan Drive extension, between DuPont Avenue and the main entrance to the Dunlop plant, starting Tuesday.
The state Department of Transportation will be working in front of piers where the Niagara Thruway travels over Sheridan. The work is expected to last about four weeks, but may be delayed in the event of inclement weather.
• The Senior Citizens Center is holding its annual Trade and Service Show from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday at 291 Ensminger Road. Representatives of various companies and organizations will be present to answer questions and provide information, and some health screenings will be available. Admission is free and open to the public; coffee and refreshments will be provided.
• Sam Hoyt, regional president of Empire State Development, is the guest at Friday’s luncheon of the Ken-Ton Chamber of Commerce. The event begins at noon at Classics V, 2425 Niagara Falls Blvd., Amherst. The cost is $20; call 874-1202 by Tuesday to reserve a seat.
• The town’s 31st annual Easter egg hunt, sponsored by the Youth, Parks & Recreation Department and Kenmore Rotary Club, is Saturday inside the Lincoln Arena, 1200 Parker Blvd. The egg hunt will begin at 10:30 a.m. for children with special needs; 11 a.m. for 2- and 3-year-olds; 11:30 a.m. for children age 4 to 6; and noon for 7- to 10-year-olds. All children participating in the hunt will receive a prize, and have an opportunity to meet the Easter Bunny. A donation of a non-perishable food item is requested; all donations will go to the local food pantry.