Southern Erie County
Girls on the Run, a character-development program, will start next month at both elementary schools in the Springville-Griffith Institute School District.
The program strives to help girls in grades three through eight make positive choices, set and achieve goals, and participate in daily physical activity.
Those interested must register at www.gotrbuffalo.org. There is a $150 registration fee; aid is available to qualifying families.
Programs at the Springville and Colden elementary schools will run from Sept. 8 to Nov. 9. For more information, visit the district’s website at www.springvillegi.org.
• A special meeting of the Springville Village Board begins at 7 p.m. Monday in the Municipal Building, 65 Franklin St., where lawmakers will vote on a transient merchant law that would require anyone with a temporary business – including garage sales and roadside stands – to buy a permit.
• The Eden Summer Concert Series wraps up Tuesday, when Creek Bend performs at 7 p.m. in front of Eden Elementary School on Main Street.
• A meeting of the Eden Planning Board begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the second-floor conference room at Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• The Eden Conservation Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall.
• An Evans Town Board work session begins at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road.
• A performance by The Frankfurters, which begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday, closes the Wednesday Summer Lawn Chair Concert Series in Angola’s Centennial Park. Rain site is Angola Theater on North Main Street.
• A meeting of the Eden Town Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall.
• Country Memories will close out the 2014 Concerts in the Park with a performance at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Fiddlers Green Park, Buffalo and Franklin streets, Springville. Rain site is Concord Town Hall, 86 Franklin St.
• Colden Community Farmer’s Market is held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the Bread of Life Outreach Center, 8745 Supervisor Ave.