Southern Erie County
Erie County Legislature Chairman John J. Mills, R-Orchard Park, will host a hot dog roast from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday outside the Hulbert Library in Springville as the library marks its building’s 20th anniversary.
An open house at the library, 18 Chapel St., will also feature a bake sale and the unveiling of former library director Annette Gernatt’s portrait at 3:30 p.m.
Book sales are set from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
• A Springville Village Board meeting begins at 7 p.m. Monday in village offices, 65 Franklin St.
• The Diva Show, a glam band, will perform at 7 p.m. Tuesday in front of the Eden Elementary School, on Main Street, as part of the Eden Summer Concert Series.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute School Board will hold its regular and reorganizational meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the high school’s library at 290 N. Buffalo St.
• A Boston Planning Board meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• An Evans Town Board work session begins at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road, Angola.
• The Pyramid Dance Band, which played at the wedding reception of Jim and Jill Kelly, performs at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Summer Lawn Chair Concert Series at Angola’s Centennial Park. Handicapped parking is available off Center Street. In case of rain, the concert moves to the new Angola Theater on North Main Street.
• A meeting of the Eden Town Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• Gene Hiltz & Rustic Ramblers will play traditional country music from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in Fiddlers Green Park, Buffalo and Franklin streets, Springville, as part of the Concerts in the Park series. The rain site is Concord Town Hall, 86 Franklin St.
• The Concord Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall, 86 Franklin St., Springville. A public hearing will be held about proposed changes to the dog ordinance.
• Colden Community Farmer’s Market is held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the Bread of Life Outreach Center, 8745 Supervisor Ave.
• The Collins Regional Historical Society is hosting its 2nd annual Blast from the Past fundraiser, honoring the town’s pioneers, Saturday at Old Collins Center School and its grounds, School Street, Collins Center. The daylong event begins at 9 a.m. with an arts and crafts show. At noon, there will be a chicken barbeque; baking contest - judging is at 3; and a Classic Car Cruise. Free white spruce trees will be available.