Southern Erie County
A bicycle is the grand prize in Saturday’s annual bicycle rodeo sponsored by the Eden Police Group and Newell-Faulkner Post 880, American Legion.
Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. and the event begins at 10 in the Town Hall’s parking lot, 2795 E. Church St. Children must be 13 or younger to participate, and must wear a helmet.
Additional prizes will be given in three age categories: 5 and younger, 6 to 9 and 10 to 13.
Also this week:
• Boston’s Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Springville-Griffith Institute School Board has set a meeting for 7 p.m. Tuesday in the library at the high school, 290 N. Buffalo St. It will be held in lieu of the board/administrator retreat.
• An Evans Town Board work session begins at 6:15 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road.
• Seniors at Springville-Griffith Institute High School will beautify the community during Friday’s “Griffins Day of Giving.” Nearly 90 students will visit parks and other sites with teachers and staff. In case of rain, the event will be held June 2.
• Colden Community Farmer’s Market is held from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the Bread of Life Outreach Center, 8745 Supervisor Ave.