Southern Erie County
A pair of principals in the Springville-Griffith Institute School District received tenure last Tuesday.
The School Board voted unanimously to grant tenure to Marcole Feuz, principal at Springville Elementary School, and Michael Retzlaff, the middle school’s principal.
Board members praised their dedication and expressed pride in Feuz, who worked in the district as a reading teacher, special education teacher and assistant principal before becoming a principal. “I’m excited to see someone who graduated from here,” said Allison Duwe.
Also this week:
• A health fair is scheduled for 1 to 4 p.m. today in Collins Center Fire Hall, 3514 Main St., Collins Center.
• The Springville Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Monday in Village Hall, 5 W. Main St.
• A barbecued chicken dinner begins at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday at Springville-Griffith Institute High School, 290 N. Buffalo St. The price is $8 for the chicken, a dinner roll and bag of chips. Proceeds will benefit the senior class. Presale orders may be placed on the district’s website at www.springvillegi.org, by calling Julie Noeson at 592-3202, ext. 1117, or by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A regular meeting of the Eden School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the cafeteria of the junior-senior high school, 3150 Schoolview Road.
• The American Red Cross will conduct a blood drive from 1 to 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Concord Town Hall, 86 Franklin St., Springville. Call 1-800-RED-CROSS to schedule an appointment.
• A regular meeting of the Evans Town Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 8787 Erie Road. An agenda meeting begins at 6:30.
• The Town of Boston’s Conservation Advisory Council meets at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Boston Town Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road. An agenda review session begins at 6:30.
• The Town of Eden’s Off-Road Drainage Committee will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in the second-floor conference room at Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• A representative of state Sen. Mark Grisanti, R-Buffalo, will be available to talk about local issues from 9 a.m. to noon Friday in Brant Town Hall, 1272 Brant-North Collins Road.
• Colden Community Farmer’s Market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot at Bread of Life Outreach Center, 8745 Supervisor Ave.