Southern Erie County
A ribbon cutting for People Inc.’s Orchard Senior Living Apartments will be conducted at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the apartments, 276 Waverly St., Springville.
Also this week:
• A meeting of the Boston Town Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the board room at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• A meeting of the Eden School Board begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Eden Jr./Sr. High School, 3150 Schoolview Road.
• “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde will be discussed by the Teen Reading Club when they meet at the Elma Public Library, 1860 Bowen Road at 7:30 p.m. Monday. The club is for teens ages 13-17. Registration is required, calling 652-2719.
• The Elma Town Board will meet, at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road for a public hearing on a proposed 300-foot communications tower for New York State Electric and Gas on a 32-acre site at Creek and Stolle roads. A variance must be given if the tower is approved due to height restrictions of 50 feet for towers in a residential area.
• The Elma Multiple Code Dwelling meeting has been moved to 8 p.m. Wednesday following the usual town board meeting at 7 p.m. in Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road, due to the upcoming Thanksgiving Day holiday.
• Annunciation School will host a Holiday Home Party from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday at 7580 Clinton St., Elma in Selbert Hall. Local vendors will offer a wide variety of products for purchase. Also wine, snacks, music and free basket raffles will be on hand.
• The Elma Fire Auxiliary will host a shop and stop vendor fair from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Elma Fire social hall, 2945 Bowen Road. Free admission.
• The Marilla Town Board work session scheduled for Tuesday has been canceled by the Supervisor.
•The Marilla Veterans Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Marilla Grill, 11591 Bullis Road.
• Wales Town Supervisor Rickey Venditti announced that an agreement with the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation has authorized Town Clerk Melinda Eaton to serve as licensing agent for permits or decals issued on behalf of the DEC. for renewal.
• The Wales Historical Society will meet on Emery Road in South Wales Community Center, at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
• Auctions International is now open on weekends, from 8 am to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 11167 Big Tree Road, Wales. Call (800) 536-1401 ext. 127 if you need to rent space. There will be a farmers market and weekly flea market.