Southern Erie County
An overview of the Agricultural Districts Program will take place at 6:30 p.m. Nov. 6 at Erie County Cornell Cooperative Extension auditorium, 21 S. Grove St., East Aurora.
Robert Somers, manager of the Agricultural Protection Unit of the state Department of Agriculture and Markets, will discuss coordination of local planning and land use decision making, among other subjects.
The event is free and open to the public, but registration is required and can be done on line at www.agriculture.eventbrite.
Also this week:
• The Elma Public Library, 1860 Bowen Road will celebrate Halloween a bit early this year with a presentation by Liz Thompson of the Secret World of Spiders at 6:30 p.m. Monday. Halloween costumes welcome and the Friends of the Elma Library will provide treats. Registration is required by calling 652-2719.
• The 11-member Elma Code Review Committee headed by Councilman James Malczewski will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road to discuss code reform regarding multiple dwellings over a two-family home or duplex. A one-year moratorium was put in place by the Board in February 2012 and the committee is nearly finished with its recommendations and plans on presenting them to the board in November.
• Crossroads Christian Church, 1050 Girdle Road, East Aurora invites families for an evening of fun, games, wagon rides, balloon artist, candy bags, crafts, face painting and more on Thursday for a Harvest Festival, 6 p.m. to 8. Free admission.
• St. Vincent de Paul School, will host a theme basket and raffle on Friday. Doors will open at 6 p.m. at the school, 6441 Seneca St. near Rice Road, Elma, with the drawings beginning at 7:30 p.m. The adults-only event will cost $5 and includes one sheet of 25 tickets, coffee and snack. Extra sheets of tickets will be available for $3 each. There will be additional food on sale and along with theme baskets. There will be a 50/50 split, $100 lottery ticket raffle, various baskets and a large screen television raffle.
• The Marilla Kiwanis Club will hold a Soup Tasting Party Fundraiser at the Marilla Community Center, 1810 Two Rod Road from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday. For $8, fill a bowl as often as you wish as long as supplies last from 20 varieties of soup or chili, with sides of a roll, salad, beverage and dessert.
• The Wales Town Board will meet in a work session at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road. A public hearing will be held on the 2014 budget. Copies are available from the Town Clerk’s Office.
• A “Celebrate The Harvest” Concert and Meal will be hosted Sunday by the Wales Center Community Baptist Church, 12150 Big Tree Road. Featured will be George F. Miller, followed by harvest meal of homemade soups, breads and pies. The event will be held at 4 p.m. at no charge, but a free will offering will be acceptable.