Southern Erie County
State Environmental Conservation Lt. Robert O’Connor of Gowanda was named New York Officer of the Year by the Northeast Conservation Law Enforcement Chiefs Association.
O’Conner has served in the state Department of Environmental Conservation’s Division of Law Enforcement for nearly 25 years.
“Lt. O’Connor is a tremendous asset to DEC’s Division of Law Enforcement,” said DEC Commissioner Joe Martens. “His notable work ethic, integrity and professionalism make him an outstanding investigator that DEC is proud to have working on the public’s behalf in environmental criminal enforcement.”
O’Connor enforced the entire range of fish and wildlife conservation law and solved many cases, including the recovery of the renowned “Lucky Buck” original antlers that had been missing for 16 years, before being named an investigator in 2005.
Also this week:
• The Eden Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the second floor conference room in Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• The Eden Conservation Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the supervisor’s office in Town Hall.
• The Eden Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the auditorium in Town Hall.
• The Boomers will perform at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Eden Elementary School, 8289 N. Main St., as part of the town’s Music on Main Street series.
• The Elma Conservation Advisory Board will meet at Elma Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road at 7 p.m. Tuesday to discuss a land easement program whereby certain tracts of land that meet qualifications can be placed in the program and receive county and school tax deductions. Each case will be decided on its own merit.
• The Elma Moratorium Committee will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road to continue discussion of multiple dwelling code issues.
• The Marilla Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the upper meeting room of the town hall at 1740 Two Rod Road for a Farmland Protection steering meeting led by Barbara Johnson of Stuart I. Brown Associates.
• The Wales Town Board will meet in a work session at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Road.