Southern Erie County
The Town of Marilla is developing a permit for solicitors to sign if they want to sell something in the town.
If a solicitor ignores “Do Not Solicit” stickers, they can have their permit revoked. Residents will be able to obtain a “Do Not Solicit” sticker for their window or door at the Town Clerk’s office.
Also, the Marilla Town Board approved joining forces with several other towns in Erie County urging the County and Town negotiations regarding the Snow Plowing Contract to get settled as soon as possible.
The current contract expires the end of August. If there is no contract in place, the towns will not be able to plow any of the county roads within their boundaries.
In addition, the Marilla Town Board approved a flag lot at 13287 Bullis Road last week in an effort to create additional building lots in front. The parcel is 22 acres and approved the bonding for 7 years of a $190,000 garbage truck.
• The Marilla Conservation Advisory Board is seeking an interested resident to fill a vacancy on the Board. The position is part time and the Board has one meeting a month, usually the first Thursday.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a letter of interest to the Marilla Town Board at 1740 Two Rod Road, Marilla, NY 14102.
• The Marilla Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday to discuss the comprehensive plan for the town.
Also this week:
• The Boston Planning Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Eden Central School Board will conduct a special meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in the Junior/Senior High School, 3150 Schoolview Road, to approve the tax warrant.
• The Eden Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• The Elma Library Board of Trustees will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the library meeting room, corner of Rice and Bowen roads. On the agenda will be a library construction grant.
• At 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, The Boomers will perform their music as part of the Elma Summer Series at the Elma Village Green Park, 3007 Bowen Road. The E.M.W. Boys and Girls Club will sell pulled pork sandwiches and the Friends of the Library will sell Root Beer floats. Bring your lawn chair.
Annunciation Church will hold its annual picnic weekend starting Friday and continue through Sunday, August 16-18 on the church grounds, corner of Girdle and Clinton St. On Friday, a Fish Fry will be held beginning at 5 p.m. A Cruise Night from 6-9 p.m. with music from 7-11 p.m.
On Saturday, clam chowder will be served at 1 p.m. and a pork chop dinner at 4 p.m. Music will be performed by the Lancaster Carnival Kid’s Steel Orchestra from 1-4 p.m.
On Sunday a Polka Mass will be held at 11:30 am with music by John Stanczyk. Chowder and chicken barbecue dinners will start at noon. Visit www.annunciation.cc or call 683-5254 for more information.
• On Friday from 7-10 p.m. St. Gabriel’s Parish, at 5271 Clinton St., will hold a car raffle and the lucky winner will have a choice of a 2013 Base Model Camaro, Silverado, Equinox or Cruze or a cash payout of $20,000. A max of 2,000 tickets will be sold.
• The Wales Town Board will hold a board meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday, August 13 at the Community Center, 12345 Big Tree Rd.