Southern Erie County
Eden Central School Board members last week appointed Jeffrey P. Cervoni principal of the Junior/Senior High School.
Cervoni, who is assistant principal at Lake Shore Central High School, will start Aug. 25.
High School Principal Marc P. Graff was named to be the principal at Eden Elementary, filling the vacancy left by Richard Schaefer, who retired after 22 years of service.
Cervoni was given a three-year probationary appointment as principal. He will be paid $85,000 a year.
Also this week:
• The Boston Zoning Board of Appeals will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• The Concord Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 86 Franklin Street, Springville.
• The Concord Town Board will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall.
• The Eden Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the second floor conference room in Town Hall, 2795 E. Church St.
• The 50th annual Eden Corn Festival will take place 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Thursday, noon to midnight Friday, 11 a.m. to midnight Saturday and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
• A Concert on the Green will be held Wednesday featuring the German American Musicians with traditional German music at the Village Green Park,3007 Bowen Road. Root beer floats will be offered by the Friends of the Library and a German-Polish dinner will be held by the Elma Seniors.
Don’t forget your lawn chair or blanket. Music starts at 6:30 p.m. and ends at 8 p.m.
• The Elma, Marilla and Wales Boys and Girls Club will hold an open house and tour from 5-7 p.m. on Thursday at the club, 2080 Girdle Road across from the Iroquois School Complex.
• At 10 a.m. Saturday, there will be a dedication of the conference room at Elma Town Hall in memory of J. William Lexo, former town supervisor who died in 2003. The public is invited to attend.
• The Summer Series at the Pavilion at Bullis and Two Rod roads will be held Thursday with the music of Joy Ride at 6:30 p.m. A chicken Barbecue from BW’s will be held by the Marilla United Methodist Church in the Community Center, 1810 Two Road. Pre-sale tickets are $9.50.
• The Marilla Town Board at its work session last week went over a State Environmental Quality Review for a proposed flag lot on Eastwood Road owned by Wayne House. He has a home he currently lives in on the property but wants the land his house sits on to be rezoned a flag lot. This could allow him to sell off a 600-foot by 300-foot frontage which is enough for three houses. A change to a flag lot designation is considered a rezoning.
The Board went over a similar review for Leon Berner who wishes to rezone a 25-acre plot at Two Rod and Clinton St. to a B zoning. Some of the land is wetlands, and the Board wants more information from Berner regarding what kind of business he is considering for the site.
House’s and Berner’s requests have been approved by the Marilla Planning Board. A public hearing will be held at 7:30 p.m. August 8 Town Board meeting at the town hall, 1840 Two Rod Rd. for Leon Berner’s request.
• A citizens group will hold a walkway meeting at the Wales Town Park, next to the Community Center at 12345 Big Tree Road Wednesday beginning with a “walkabout” with a guide at 6:30 p.m. followed by the informational meeting and exchange of ideas at 7 p.m.
The Town is planning to put in a paved half mile trail around the park.
Refreshments will be served. All residents are welcome and are urged to bring a lawn chair.