The Elma Public Library is looking for senior citizens to participate in a “Community Perspectives Focus Group” that will give the public an opportunity to voice their opinions regarding wants and needs in relation to library services. The session will be at the library at 10 a.m. on Wednesday. Call 652-2719 if you are interested in joining the group which is one of several planned at libraries throughout the county.
Also this week:
• The Boston Town Board will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in the board room at Boston Town Hall, 8500 Boston State Road.
• A meeting of the Eden Town Board begins at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Eden Town Hall, 2795 East Church St.
• The Elma Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday in Town Hall, 1600 Bowen Road. On the agenda will be a request to build a 4-unit storage shed on Jamison Road, future workshops proposed by Jay Macaluso, an informal introduction to a plan for Brookside Patio Homes on a site behind Pondbrook Townhouses, and a separate plan for an 18-home subdivision called Running Brook. Both projects are by Bryan Young to be considered on his land on Bullis Rd., the site of the former Centerline Camp.
• The Elma Town Board will hold a town board meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall. On the agenda will be approval of an agreement with the Elma Cemetery Association, approval of the water meter increases, extension of the moratorium on multiple dwellings, amendment to a business use permit for Chuck’s Classic Auto Repair on Bullis Road, and rescinding of a business use permit for NE Fluid Power at their current location and approval of a new business use permit at the new location on Maple Road.
• The Marilla Historical Society will hold an open house and reception for the newly elected Supervisor and town board members from 2-4 p.m. today at the Community Center, 1810 Two Rod Road.
• A Sludge Committee Meeting will be held at 7 p.m. Thursday in Marilla Town Hall, 1740 Two Rod Road.
• The Wales Historical Society Building on Emery Road in South Wales will be open on a trial basis with an open house the first Sunday of each month from noon to 4 p.m.