Twelve candidates for Buffalo-based state and local judgeships have been rated by the Bar Association of Erie County.
The ratings are based on questionnaires each candidate was asked to complete, personal interviews with each candidate and interviews with lawyers and judges who have had interaction with the candidates, according to Bonnie O’Brian, an association spokeswoman.
New York State Supreme Court, 8th Judicial District, based in Buffalo:
• Buffalo City Court Judge E. Jeannette Ogden – Well Qualified.
• Dennis P. Glascott – Well Qualified.
• Paul B. Wojtaszek – Well Qualified.
• Mark A. Montour – Qualified.
• Jeffrey E. Marion – Not Recommended.
Erie County Surrogate’s Court:
• Incumbent Surrogate Barbara Howe – Outstanding.
Erie County Family Court:
• Paul V. Crapsi – Well Qualified.
• Deanne E. Tripi – Well Qualified.
• Mary Giallanza Carney – Qualified.
• Joseph T. Jarzembek – Not Recommended.
Buffalo City Court:
• Incumbent Judge Debra L. Givens – Well Qualified.
• Incumbent Judge Kevin J. Keane – Outstanding.
The ratings took into account issues of integrity, experience, professional ability, education, reputation, industry, temperament, fairness, statutory standards, attitude, punctuality and knowledge of the law, O’Brian said.