ADVERTISEMENT

A Kenmore Avenue family narrowly escaped injury when an unknown person attempted to throw a Molotov cocktail device through a bedroom window where a toddler was sleeping, according to Buffalo police reports.

A resident of the home in the 1800 block of Kenmore told police that the incident occurred about 8:10 a.m. Friday. She was alerted by her 11-year-old daughter, who said she saw the bottle on fire outside the apartment.

The assailant apparently lit a rag in a bottle of an unknown flammable liquid and threw it at the bedroom window where the woman’s 3-year-old son was sleeping. The bottle hit the window and fell to the ground, police said.

The resident put out the fire by pouring water on it.

Northwest District police are investigating the incident.