WHEATFIELD – A Ferchen Drive man contacted the Niagara County Sheriff Department Tuesday night after his two dogs, a beagle and a pit bull mix, suddenly became ill. The man said his veterinarian told him that the dogs may have ingested a toxic substance. The 44-year-old owner of the dogs said he believes his neighbor, who had threatened to kill his dog over the summer if it did not stop barking, may have intentionally poisoned his dogs. The neighbor denied any involvement.
Deputies reported Wednesday that the six-year-old pit bull mix died overnight.
The dog owner told deputies that he checked his yard and was unable to find anything toxic that the dogs may have gotten into.