ADVERTISEMENT

WILSON – Fire that damaged a furnace was contained inside the furnace in a home on Ide Road just before 6 a.m. on Tuesday. investigators said.

Homeowner Kyle J. Krawczyk told Niagara County sheriff’s deputies that his furnace had been working improperly since his last fuel delivery.

He said his wife noticed smoke coming from the basement of his home at 4631 Ide Road. He said he sprayed the furnace with a fire extinguisher, eliminating the fire.

Wilson Volunteer Fire Company responded and confirmed the area was safe. Deputies found the furnace charred, but said damage was limited to the furnace.