ADVERTISEMENT

LOCKPORT – City fire crews were called into action after a stove reportedly exploded at Gonzo’s Bar on Main Street, between Cottage and Pine streets, at 2:30 p.m. today.

According to the Lockport Fire Department, an employee was lighting the oven when a flexible tube that feeds the stove went up in flames. The employee hit the fire-suppression system as he ran out of the building. The system contained the flames before firefighters arrived.

According to the Lockport Fire Department, all restaurants are required to have a flame-suppression system under the hood of their commercial stoves , which will dump a fire-suppression liquid onto the flames to quickly stop any spreading fire.

Damages were reportedly minimal.