A Buffalo man with seven drunken-driving convictions has been charged again with driving while intoxicated, following a hit-and-run incident that left a city motorist with minor injuries late Tuesday night and contributed to a second hit-and-run involving a police car, police said.

Alexander F. Snow, 31, of Seneca Street, was seen by police driving a 2003 sport utility vehicle at high speed past a stop sign at Oakmont and Edison avenues and continuing on Oakmont, where it struck parked vehicles. It then passed another stop sign at Oakmont and Bailey avenues and crashed into a vehicle driven by James Jones, investigators said.

Housing Unit Officers Sean W. McCabe and Kelvin L. Sharpe were credited with detaining Snow, and authorities said Snow confessed that he was intoxicated. He was transported to Erie County Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition late Wednesday.

Jones, 22, of King Street, was treated at ECMC and released.

Compounding the situation was a hit-and-run that involved a parked police car at the crash scene where Snow was apprehended shortly before 11:30 p.m., according to police spokesman Michael J. DeGeorge.

“A patrol car was struck while officers were on the scene conducting the investigation, and the driver fled the scene,” DeGeorge said. “The hit-and-run vehicle is described as possibly a red Mercury Sable four-door sedan.”

No officers were injured, and the police car incurred minor damage, but anyone with information on the red car was asked by DeGeorge to call or text the Buffalo police confidential tip line at 847-2255.

Snow, whose record includes seven drunken-driving convictions, was driving his mother’s Ford Expedition while his license was revoked, according to Lt. Thomas J. Leatherbarrrow, commander of the Accident Investigation Unit.

Snow was charged with felony DWI, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, possession of a controlled substance, unlawful fleeing from police, obstruction of governmental administration and numerous vehicle and traffic charges, police said.