The Town Board has approved spending $25,000 to extend electrical wiring to new lights at the Brush Mountain Park football field, where Little League games are played.
The booster club raised money for other improvements, such as new bleachers and a scoreboard, at the California Road facility.
Lawmakers voted 2 to 1 on Wednesday, with Councilman Eugene Majchrzak opposing. He said he would rather use town money for the proposed Community Activities Center on California Road, which would include space for a new senior center.
“There is not enough money to go around to do everything on the table,” Majchrzak said.
Councilman Michael Sherry thinks there are enough resources for immediate projects for young and old. “I think there’s a false dichotomy,” he said. “I don’t think it’s a either-or.”
• Quaker Days start today, with a 7 p.m. concert by Crikwater Irish Band in the Pavilion, 60 S. Lincoln Ave. A complete listing of events, which continue through next Sunday, can be found at everythingop.com/
• Orchard Park Senior Council meets at 6 p.m. Monday, 70 Linwood Ave.
• The Trails Task Force meets 6 p.m. Tuesday in the lobby conference room at the Municipal Center, 4295 South Buffalo St.
• An Orchard Park School Board meeting begins at 6 p.m. Tuesday in the district office, 2240 Southwestern Blvd.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room on the second floor of the Municipal Center.