Summer fundraisers next week include a church lawn fete with a race and mid-week race to raise money for children with cancer.
Pay $25 to register to run or walk in Wednesday’s Blackbird 8K, which will benefit the P.U.N.T. Foundation’s efforts to help children and their families cope with cancer and have fun together. It starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Sports Complex at 6909 Milestrip Road. Visit brianmoorman.org for more information.
The four-day lawn fete at Our Lady of Sacred Heart Church starts with a race Thursday and continues through next Sunday at 3148 Abbott Road. Visit olshop.org/wp/events or call 824-2935.
• The Village Board meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the board room at the Municipal Center, 4295 South Buffalo St.
• The Orchard Park Comprehensive Implementation Committee meets at 7 p.m. Monday in the first-floor conference room at the Municipal Center.
• The Orchard Park Recreation Commission meets at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the lobby conference room at the Municipal Center.
• A meeting of the Rails to Trails Task Force begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the lobby conference room at the Municipal Center.
• The Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce networking group meets at 8 a.m. Thursday in the basement conference room at the Municipal Center.
• Orchard Park Public Library, 4570 South Buffalo St., is hosting “Fizz, Boom, Read,” a family program about summer reading, at 1 p.m. Saturday.
• The village’s electronics recycling program runs 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at 100 W. Highland Ave.