Orchard Park Middle School teachers Wendy Daniszewski and Travis Pufpaff are analyzing how iPads are used in the classroom this year through the Erie-Cattaraugus Teacher Center.
The social studies teachers applied last year to be part of the study, which allows them to have and use five iPads in their classroom throughout this school year.
They are using multiple applications in their classroom and also plan to use the iPads to assist them in differentiating their instruction to students.
They update the study monthly and report how the use of the iPads is going and share anecdotal information with other colleagues through a message board that has been set up through the Teacher Center.
Also this week:
• The town Planning Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal center, 4295 S. Buffalo St.
• The School Board will conduct a meeting at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the administration building, 2240 Southwestern Blvd. West Seneca.
• The Town Board will conduct a work session at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the supervisor’s conference room in the municipal center.
• The Village Board will meet at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the municipal center.
• The Orchard Park Educational Outreach Club will host a spaghetti dinner from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday high school cafeteria, 4040 Baker Road. Proceeds will be donated to Crossroads Spring’s school in the Hamisi, Kenya area. The school helps provide an education for children who have been orphaned because of HIV/AIDS.