on March 13, 2014 - 8:15 PM
, updated March 13, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Dec. 12, 1922 – March 9, 2014
Helen G. Hudson, of Snyder, who assisted in her husband’s medical practice for more than 50 years, died Sunday at the Weinberg Campus, Getzville. She was 91.
Born Helen Griffin in Buffalo, she was a 1941 graduate of Holy Angels Academy. She attended business school and worked for Bell Aircraft during World War II.
After marrying Dr. Raymond A. Hudson, she worked as a volunteer, penning letters and teaching ceramics for wounded World War II soldiers while her husband was stationed at Valley Forge General Hospital.
Mrs. Hudson was bookkeeper for her husband’s medical offices in Buffalo and vice president of a family-owned business, Kistler-Hudson Dental Supply.
A member of Christ the King Catholic Church for 52 years, she served in its Altar and Rosary Society and led her daughters’ Girl Scout troops.
She served for many years with the Marillac Guild at Sisters Hospital and helped lead fundraising to establish the hospital’s mammography center.
A ballroom dance enthusiast, she and her husband were members of the Fifth Night Dance Group. She also enjoyed sewing, reading and vacationing every summer on Blackstone Lake near Parry Sound, Ont.
In addition to her husband of 67 years, survivors include three sons, Michael E., a judge on the State Court of Claims, John J. and Brian P.; three daughters, Sheila H. Miller, Moira H. McErlean and Eileen H. Wolmering; 10 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be offered at 11 a.m. Saturday in Christ the King Church, 30 Lamarck Drive at Main Street, Snyder.