on February 11, 2014 - 8:45 PM
March 5, 1951 – Feb. 4, 2014
Ann M. Lawrence, a longtime clinical dietitian at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, died Feb. 4 in Delaware Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. She was 62.
Born Ann M. Wilson in Buffalo, she graduated from Bennett High School. She earned as associate’s degree in chemistry from Erie Community College, attended Akron University in Ohio and earned a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Buffalo State College. After college, she secured a position as a clinical dietitian at Roswell Park, where she was employed for the next 38 years. She retired in 2008.
Mrs. Lawrence was involved with the Prince Hall Order of Eastern Star organizations. She was past Royal Commandress of Emmanuel Court No. 18, Order of Cyrene; past Most Ancient Matron of Esther Court No. 9, Heroines of Jericho and Loyal Lady, Bison Assembly No. 48, Order of Golden Circle.
Mrs. Lawrence also held the titles of Past Illustrious Commandress of Hadji Court No. 62, Daughters of Isis, and Past Matron and a founding member of Ionic Chapter No. 77 Prince Hall Order of Eastern Star, for which she held the office of secretary for more than 10 years.
She was appointed Grand Chapter Officer and served as District Deputy Grand Matron.
She is survived by a son, Earl Wilson; her father, Albert J. Wilson; a brother, Ralph Wilson; two sisters, Mary Harwell and Ruby Wilson; and four granddaughters.
Services will be at noon Thursday in Calvary Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, 1007 Ellicott St.