NIAGARA FALLS – Downtown Niagara Falls will again offer free live music on Friday nights this summer.
A 12-week concert series kicks off at the end of the month and runs through the end of September.
The concerts will be held at the corner of Third and Old Falls streets, with part of Old Falls Street closed to vehicular traffic.
All shows run from 7 to 10 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Here’s the schedule:
• June 27: Kurt & the Loders
• July 4: Lakeside Blues Band (5 to 7:30 p.m.) & Murphy’s Law (8 to 11 p.m.)
• July 11: Whisky Reverb
• July 18: Rumourz (Fleetwood Mac Tribute)
• July 25: Souled Out
• Aug. 8: Frank Grizanti Band
• Aug. 15: Jamie Holka & Bruce Wojick
• Aug. 22: Randle and the Late Night Scandals
• Aug. 29: Kiss This (Kiss Tribute)
• Sept. 5: Aircraft with Well Worn Boot and Mr. Boneless
• Sept. 19: West of the Mark
The band performing at the Aug. 1 concert will be announced at a later date. There is no concert planned for Sept. 12 because the Niagara Falls Blues Festival is happening that weekend.
Sept. 26 and Oct. 3 will be reserved as rain dates.
Global Spectrum, the firm that operates the Conference & Event Center Niagara Falls and organizes events on Old Falls Street, is the primary organizer of the series.
This year’s series is sponsored by TGI Friday’s.
The series was sponsored in recent years by Legends Bar & Grill.
A change in the schedule for the Aug. 1 date occurred after the publication deadline for this story in the print edition.