ADVERTISEMENT

NIAGARA FALLS – Sweat-soaked clothing is suspected as a factor in burns suffered by a welder who was shocked about 1:20 p.m. Friday at Norampac Industries on Packard Road.

Police said Robert Bulger, 37, of East Oxford Road, Lockport, and another employee were atop a platform welding a pipe when the co-worker observed an electrical arc jump from the pipe and enter Bulger’s body in the abdominal area, exiting with sparks at his upper leg. The co-worker pulled Bulger away from the pipe, police said.

Bulger was taken by ambulance to Erie County Medical Center, Buffalo, where he was listed in fair condition Saturday.