A public hearing on a revised proposal by AVOX Systems, which is seeking tax breaks on improvements at its village site, will be held during Tuesday’s meeting of the Lancaster Industrial Development Agency.
The meeting begins at 8:30 a.m. in Town Hall, 21 Central Ave.
The company makes oxygen and respiratory products and systems for the aerospace and defense industries at its site on Walter Winter Drive. It’s seeking exemptions from real property and sales taxes on proposed improvements.
The original proposal was to renovate 77,000 square feet of its building and add manufacturing and non-manufacturing equipment, at an estimated cost of $6.88 million. The proposal now includes the construction of an addition of more than 5,000 square feet, bringing the estimated cost up to $7.58 million.
Also this week:
• The Village Board is holding its annual organizational meeting at 6 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers at the Municipal Building, 5423 Broadway.
• A Town Board work session begins at 6:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a business meeting at 7, in Town Hall.
• The School Board meets in a budget work session at 6:30 p.m. Monday in the board room of the former Central Avenue School.
• A fundraiser to benefit Lancaster Volunteer Ambulance Corps Explorer Post 803 will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Dairy Queen Grill and Chill, 6711 Transit Road. Counter and drive-thru service will be available, and a portion of the proceeds will go to the Explorer Post to use in various projects.
• The monthly meeting of Lancaster Women’s Civic Club begins at noon Wednesday in the Municipal Building. Guest speaker Leslie Zemsky will give a presentation on Larkinville/ Larkin Square. Refreshments will be served and guests are welcome.