The Town of Lancaster’s newly-adopted 2014 budget of $31.3 million ended up containing an 11th-hour compromise between the Democratic-controlled board and Republican Supervisor Dino J. Fudoli, which restored funding for the full-time job in the tax office for a net increase of about $23,800.
The finalized plan also increased by $1,600 to the debt service payment for the new baseball training facility being constructed at Westwood Park. When the tentative budget was filed, the debt service had been estimated. Since then, the bonds have been issues and the exact amount of debt service is known.
Town officials said the $1,600 is offset by revenue to be received from the Little League, and won’t impact taxes.
Health insurance line items were reduced by $37,000, in anticipation of formally eliminating health, dental and vision coverage for the town justices, effective Jan. 1.
The spending plan also adds $2,000 in funding for the historic Hull House, which had been cut in the preliminary budget. Also added was another $500 for the games of chance auditor.
The net result of the changes amounts to a $10,653 reduction in the amount to be raised in taxes, compared to the original budget. The impact results in a slightly bigger tax decrease in the town outside villages, and the village of Lancaster, as well as a slightly smaller tax increase in the Village of Depew, compared to what was in the original budget.
Also this week:
• The Lancaster Town Board meets in a work session at 6:30 p.m. Monday, followed by a regular business meeting at 7 p.m. in Town Hall, 21 Central Ave.
• The Lancaster Village Board meets in a special executive session at 5:30 p.m. Monday to address a Department of Public Works personnel matter in the council chambers of the Municipal Building, 5423 Broadway.
• The Lancaster Village Building, Lights & Code Committee meets at 6 p.m. Monday in the council chambers of the Municipal Building, 5423 Broadway.
• The Lancaster Industrial Development Agency meets at 8:45 a.m. Tuesday in the Town Hall at 21 Central Ave.
• The Lancaster Town Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday in Town Hall at 21 Central Ave.
• The Lancaster Village Zoning Board of Appeals meets at 7:15 p.m. Thursday in Town Hall, 21 Central Ave.